New Rig Doesn't Like Crunching

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Guys, back from a week in the Lake District with lots of walking between pubs. :)

I also have a new rig, self built, but not by me. It runs Windows 7 and has 4GB memory so it's reasonably quick. I downloaded BOINC and got it crunching away and the settings are EXACTLY as they were on the old rig.

However, despite having it set on Run Always the crunching keeps stopping. In Messages it states " Windows has suspended computation, user's request" which is not the case. There is no obvious pattern to the stops and as soon as I click on BOINC it starts crunching again.

Anyone come across a similar problem?

And, any ideas what to do about it? :confused:

Reaction score
This defaults to 25% on recent Boinc releases.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 202

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hope I've found the answer on the WCG Forums. The Power Options were set to go to sleep after one hour of inactivity. I assume that one hour of background crunching is not classed as activity.

I've changed it to not go to sleep at all.

My fingers are crossed. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Looks like you have cracked it then Niv..I did see your thread over at WCG forums!

Ask a Question