Crunching on Galaxy S8 with 8 cores

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was very curious as to how the S8 compares in terms of crunching with the Galaxy S7 that I toyed around with couple of months ago. :fool:

I just installed Boinc on the new phone and will let it do its job, in a couple of days the results would be there to see.:nod:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Nothing exciting to report, except the phone gets really hot when used all 8 cores and stops crunching for hours for the battery to cool down. I had to step down to 4 cores for it to crunch. Very disappointed :(

I also did not see much improvement compared to the previous model S7. The credits claimed at times on the phone seem to to be very high as the credit granted is nowhere near that.

Will post some results.

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The S8 CPU time and elapsed time are just ridiculous.
capture_003_02072017_090746.jpg
capture_004_02072017_091007.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Here are all the Android devices I used for crunching. in 2014 it must have been the Galaxy S4 and in 2017 it was S7, S8 and the lowly Samsung Avant. Cannot even tell the difference :lol:
capture_005_02072017_091708.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Actually I had been a very loyal Motorola user from the beginning but for some reason they went out of the loop. I bought 6 Razers during its lifecycle :lol: My last Motorola was the Cliq 2 which is giving wonderful service as an alarm clock and weather info on my bedside :thumb:

Once I got the iPhone too but had issues with them so returned it. The camera on it was just not to my expectations, however I did buy iPad two times and used it for few years. So always had the 4 platforms to my disposal Windows>Linux>IOS>Android. One time I had bought the Nokia communicator which had the Symbian system.:rolleyes:

After getting my first Samsung which was the Galaxy S4 I continued to stick to the brand and went on to replace it with same brand whenever upgrading. S4>S6 Edge, S7>S7 Plus>S7>S7 Plus>S8 (yes 2 S7's and 2 S7 Edges).:fool:

In a month or two I will upgrade to S8+ :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got nothing but good things to say about my S7, I think it'll see me through for quite a while, so I'm also a convert :thumb:.

What's the story behind the 4 models of S7? I remember you upgrading to the Edge a little while back before the S8 (and soon the S8+ :lol:).

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
@Ian Actually I get 3 upgrades in a rolling calendar year so changed colors :fool:

Ask a Question