Windows XP wireless networking prob on win xp pro

Reaction score
Dear all
I have a IBM thinkpad laptop with a mini pci wireless net work module fitted internally.
I installed the drivers successfully but the Laptop is not detecting any wifi networks.
Although the icon in the taskbar when clicked on says "one or more wireless networks detected" the box does not populate with a list of wireless networks. in fact the box says "no wireless networks detected.
I did a re-install of windows and the problem was still there.
Also, I have found that I still cannot get any wireless internet also when using a USB wireless module. (with software installed as well) there simply does not appear any wireless networks in a list as should do, even though with thsi usb module, the software driver was also properly installed.
Should anyone be able to assist I would be grateful
Yours
Ian C

Reaction score
Ian i want to ask if the WiFi driver install also an application, which the most manufacturers does in laptops, and if it did try to use the wifi application insteed of the windows. Normally the manufacturers application disables the windows zero configuration utility and forces you to use hes application. Have a check then.

Cheers

Ask a Question