Wireless internet card issues...?

Reaction score
Well, to start off my little tale of woe, I suppose I should tell you about my computer.

I am currently running an Athlon 64 3000+, 1 GB of ram and 200 GB RAID 0 array , D-Link AirPlus G wireless internet card, with Windows XP SP 2. Until now, my computer did fantastically, starts up beautifully and everything.

But a few days ago, I start up my computer, and it works at hardly a crawl, and my wallpaper shows up, but it won't actually show my desktop items and start menu until almost 10 minutes later. Instantly, 3 error messages pop up, which I shall describe throughly:

1.) 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:
Runtime Error!

Program: C:/PROGRA~1/Symantec/LIVEUP~1/LUCOMS~1.EXE

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.'

2.) 'AdobeUpdateManager:
Windows sockets initialization failed.'

3.) 'Symantec Email Proxy:
TCP/IP is not installed. DIsable email scanning in your Symantec product options or install TCP/IP.

Click here to go to Symantec Technology Support Database. (Which I can't do, because my wireless card won't connect.)

1003,3'

As you can see, I use Norton Internet Security 2006, and besides the errors and the slow loading time, and the lack of internet, my computer seems quite stable and it runs as fast as it once did once it gets started. Errors two and three I can close once and they don't come again, but error number one continously pops up, again and again.

My computer says that my wireless card is functioning normally, but when I open 'Wireless Network Connection', my status is 'Aquiring Network Address' and it says a ton of stuff about how windows can't configure my wireless connection and about the Wireless Zero Connection (WZC), but it doesn't say how to get into it at all.

So what should I do from here? I just want the errors to go away and to get my internet back. D:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
have you installed or changed anything before the errors appeared ?

try using a restore point to a time before the errors started

Reaction score
No, I hadn't installed anything previously, and I tried a restore point, which didn't seem to affect anything at all.

Reaction score
I am in the exact same place and can't get fixed...I uninstalled mcafee but still have the same issues...

Covenant

Proud Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm not saying this will work but it's worth trying.

WinSockFix offers a last resort if your Internet connectivity has been corrupted due to invalid or removed registry entries.

It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings.

If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software, Adware or after registry clean-up; and all other ways fail, then give WinSock XP Fix a try.

It can create a registry backup of your current settings, so it is fairly safe to use.

Note: Be sure to read the "Info" before running this software.

As you are unable to access the net you will have to get someone to download it for you.

Covenant

Ask a Question