internet connection issues

Reaction score
i started another thread in the windows XP part of the forum and (i'm very glad to say!) it appears that XP PRO is up and running. however, i've had some issues trying to connect to the internet.

my computer connects directly to the internet. the other computers on my network connect to the internet through my computer (through a hub/router). The internet works fine (this laptop i'm using now is wirelessly connected to router and the internet), the physical connections are all there.

My computer can't seem to pick up the network, or any sort of connection, despite being directly connected to the internet. I've tried the wizard a few times but with no luck. do i need to change a setting somewhere with the network? any ideas?

Reaction score
good to hear you got xp up and running, have you tried to connect the computer to the hub? see if that works.

--edit sorry i saw your other post too and sort of understand what you are doing, trying connecting the internet to the hub/router and then everything connects to that? or is that not what you want?

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So your hard wired via ethernet to the router?

Got the LAN drivers installed?

Reaction score
V_R said:
So your hard wired via ethernet to the router?

Got the LAN drivers installed?

yes its hard wired via an ethernet cable to the router

i have not got the lan drivers installed, where can i get them from? is it possible to copy those drivers from this laptop to that computer somehow? I dont know if the disc that came with ISP is even around here anymore, i think i might have temporarily misplaced it :p

Reaction score
Jimjimini said:
yes its hard wired via an ethernet cable to the router

i have not got the lan drivers installed, where can i get them from?

Try theMSI site HERE..If you have troubble post the mobo specs, eg serial number etc and we can try find them for you...:thumb:

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Try theMSI site HERE..If you have troubble post the mobo specs, eg serial number etc and we can try find them for you...:thumb:

thanks for the link,

the mobo model is MSI K9N SLI 2F. i'll see if i can find them, its quite an old model

edit: i think the serial number is: 601 - 7250 - 090K0607009731

edit 2: i think this is the right set of drivers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
nforce drivrs installed smoothly, now its just a case of installing all the other drivers. i'll be coming back if i have anymore issues but in the meantime thank you PCR, especially V_R, Madxgraphics and fazda666!

Ask a Question