Internet issues

Reaction score
hi guys

I need a bit of help, my internet connection is continually dropping out when the phone rings.

I have filters on everything that is connected to the phone line. Everything stays connect to wireless/lan but no internet, i have a new modem router also, it connects back up most times within 30 seconds, but this isn't any good when im trying to play cod :) I've read basically everything google has to offer. I just want to exhaust every possibility before I get someone out to check the line.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
I had similar problems with my internet when I was on BT. What is your download speed you can check using http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/speedtest/?gclid=CPnGr7_yuK0CFUhrfAodhFdTnQ
I was getting .3mps and if I got a phone call the net went down the reason my nearest telephone exchange was over 6km away so I had to change my supplier. The other reason may be because your router may be defective check with your internet provider.

Reaction score
We bought the new one because our old one was doin exactly the same thing, I get around 3mbps. Ping is 56ms

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Try changing your filters or just disconnecting everything and testing it with the minimal stuff connected.

9 times out of ten that fault is a dodgy filter. :)

Also, Check for noise on the line by doing a quiet line test. - Dial 17070 and select option 2.

Read more: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/connectionprobs.htm#ixzz1iadu7vOC

Reaction score
All the filters are new and even when the phone isn't connected it still does exactly the same thing if when i call the home phone... What country is that number for?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah your IP is from Oz, scratch that then! :)

Sounds like it could be a line fault then buddy.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a problem with my wi-fi internet connection. When I am switching on my bluetooth switch ON, it shows "Local Only". also I checked for IP address, it shows 169.XXX.xxx combinations, which is a case of IP conflict.
I tried resetting the ipconfig with ipconfig/resize but its writing as " Unable to contact your DHCP server" Please help to resolve. Thoughts & Ideas Please :( :( :(

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a problem with my wi-fi internet connection. When I am switching on my bluetooth switch ON, it shows "Local Only". also I checked for IP address, it shows 169.XXX.xxx combinations, which is a case of IP conflict.
I tried resetting the ipconfig with ipconfig/resize but its writing as " Unable to contact your DHCP server" Please help to resolve. Thoughts & Ideas Please :( :( :(

You should start a new post with this topic.

Also, WiFi and Bluetooth are two separate network types. You need to ensure that your WiFi is turned on and connecting to an access point.

Reaction score
My mum had a similar problem a while back and it turned out it was a fault with the line.

Reaction score
Hi All,

You are correct; a 169 ip address is the cause of the communication. You may want to 1: disable your WiFi and shutdown your computer, then when everything is loaded back on, re-enable your WiFi (wireless connection); it will start to identify the correct IP Address again ( give it sometime ). Hope this help.

Ask a Question