WinSVR2003 Remote Desktop Problem

G

Big one here...

Environment:
Windows Server 2003 & Windows XP Pro WS at work.
Active Directory Installed, Remote Desktop Configured on both SVR and WS
5 User Licenses Configured Per Server. 6 User Accounts created.
Router/Firewall Installed, Pinholes configured, ports configured, NAT mapping done.
Firewall not enabled, in and out traffic allowed.
Symantec Antivirus Corporate installed and running. Included Symantec Firewall not configured or running.

Problem:
Remote Desktop to server works great. To workstation does not connect. Error says "cannot establish a connection" because "not configured, too many connections, network trouble", etc.
This setup was working fine for about 3 days when I was logged into the WS and using ACT! software and it locked up. I had to force close the session, but when I tried to log back into the workstation, I got the error "cannot establish..."
I can't figure out if there is a session that didn't close or if I don't have my licensing configured correctly or what.
Is this a licensing problem, a "Max # of connections" problem, or something else altogether.

Please help! I can't find anyone who knows this stuff in my area. Thanks in advance.

J

Jeffrey Randow (MVP)

Ask a Question