WindowsXP & Microsoft Office97 - Outlook97

The problem I am having with a few users is they do not get their new email
unless they click on any folder within Outlook97.
They get the same results if they send an email to their own account. If you
click on any folder in Outlook you will then get the notification that you
have new mail as well as viewing the arrival of the mail to the in-box.

I have tried reinstalling MS Office 97, and doing a system restore winthin
XP with no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michael

neo [mvp outlook]

Is service pack 2 for Windows XP installed? If yes, is the built-in
firewall on? If yes, that is blocking a UDP packet from the Exchange server
to the mail client that lets it know that something has changed and it needs
to refresh itself. Try creating an exception to outlook.exe (don't forget
that it is actually drive:\path\binary when creating exceptions).

"WindowsXP & Microsoft Office97 - Outlook" <WindowsXP & Microsoft Office97 -
news:[email protected]...