Windows XP Pro and RIS (remote installation services) - locks up after reimmaging

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a windows 2003 server and have installed RIS on it. I created an immage of windows XP Pro that already has SP2. I have installed the base immage on several different machines and everything works great! The problem occurs after i have loaded all my software (office, adobe acrobat, ezcd creator 5) and use RIPREP.exe to create the immage back onto the server. The immage is successfully created on the server. When i try to install the immage back on the identical machine, everything copys correctly without any errors. When the machine automatically reboots and goes to the "windows is now completeing your setup" and then the "please wait" with the windows logo, the machine hangs and will not go any further. Please help. I am lost as to what is wrong :confused: Thanks,

Nate

Ask a Question