Windows XP logon issues

G

Greets

I have set up my regular user account in Windows XP Pro with no password (enter) and the default Admin account as same. I then set my computer so that no user name or passowrd in needed to log on (this way I dont get the Welcome screen OR the logon box). However, when I start up the computer, it defaults to the Admin account instead of my User account. IS there a way to change the default user or get it to "ignore" the admin account so that when I power on my system it will boot directly into my User account with no password needed

Thanks in advance!

D

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Martin,

When you set up your computer for automatic logon, you probably left Administrator selected in the list of users (this is the default choice).

Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 Check the box Users must enter a username and password........... Click Apply.

Now, in the list of users select the username you want logged on automatically and uncheck the box. Click Apply. In the next dialog, the selected user name should be populated. Leave the password blank and click OK.

G

BLESS YOU SIR! This was making me crazy, trying to figure out how to change who the default logon user is....

Glad you posted that reply!!

Ask a Question