delete admin account without password


G

Guest

recently my brother who is the admin acccount user for our home computer
passed away and i'm (his sister) is trying to delete his account without
deleting all my things too. right now i'm a limited account user and i want
to become the admin account user but i do not know his password so what can i
do? is there just an easy way that doesn't cost anything to delete the admin
account without having the password? thank you
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Gordon

triple t said:
recently my brother who is the admin acccount user for our home computer
passed away and i'm (his sister) is trying to delete his account without
deleting all my things too. right now i'm a limited account user and i
want
to become the admin account user but i do not know his password so what
can i
do? is there just an easy way that doesn't cost anything to delete the
admin
account without having the password? thank you


Firstly, many condolences on your loss.
Secondly, boot the computer into Safe Mode (when you turn it on, continually
tap F8). then log on as The Administrator (no password is usually set on
that account) and you will be able to delete his account. What you then need
to do is to change your limited account to an administrator account.....

HTH
 
G

Guest

Gordon said:
Firstly, many condolences on your loss.
Secondly, boot the computer into Safe Mode (when you turn it on, continually
tap F8). then log on as The Administrator (no password is usually set on
that account) and you will be able to delete his account. What you then need
to do is to change your limited account to an administrator account.....

HTH


thank you for responding but the reason why i'm not account admin is because i don't know anything about computers so i have some questions what does it means to boot the computer into safe mode how do you do this. my brother had a password on the admin account even though you said there isn't a password on this account. if you could answer these question that'd be great thank you so much. after deleting his account i can take it away from there thank again
 
G

Gordon

As I said, when you switch it on, tap the F8 key continually, until a menu
appears which will allow you to select "Safe Mode"
from there thank again

If the password was on The Administrator Account (the one that will become
visible when you boot into Safe Mode), then short of knowing the password
you have two options - a repair install of XP or the use of a Pasword
cracker. There are some available on the internet - but if you are that
inexperienced, I would take the machine to a GOOD repair shop.....

HTH
 
G

Guest

Gordon said:
As I said, when you switch it on, tap the F8 key continually, until a menu
appears which will allow you to select "Safe Mode"

from there thank again

If the password was on The Administrator Account (the one that will become
visible when you boot into Safe Mode), then short of knowing the password
you have two options - a repair install of XP or the use of a Pasword
cracker. There are some available on the internet - but if you are that
inexperienced, I would take the machine to a GOOD repair shop.....

HTH



so i figured how to reboot the computer but i still need to know the password, can u sugest me a site that can figure out the password, for free & is easy? is that too hard of a thing to do
 
Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top