Windows XP Advisor Problem

Michael Lambert

I would like to upgrade from 98SE to XP Home. Accordingly, I tried to
run the Upgrade Advisor. I downloaded it, started it up and told it to
allow dynamic updates. It contacted MS for updates and then, while
"Preparing Setup Database", it stopped with an error dialog box "Setup
cannot continue. Contact Microsoft Technical Support (Error:
597FF58h)".

Windows XP Professional did run successfully on the motherboard
before the system was recycled with a clean format/install of 98SE.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael

Nicholas

HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or Windows Millennium
Edition to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316639

--
Nicholas