Window XP Update Advisor

Lee

When I run the Windows XP Update Advisor on my Win 982d Pc
it will not complete setup and says "Error 5C3FF58H
Contact Microsoft Support"

Unfortunately I cannot find any error message of this type
on the Microsoft Support site or figure out how to contact
Microsoft Support to see what's going on since I do not
yet have a copy of the Windows XP update program (that's
why I'm running the Update Advisor"

Any ideas?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During Installation When You Upgrade
from Windows 98 or Windows Me
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310064

HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316639

Troubleshooting Windows XP Setup

Also, physically disconnect all your peripheral hardware devices,
especially USB devices (not including your mouse, keyboard or
monitor). Uninstall any antivirus program, too!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

-