Windows Virtural Machine

B

B K White

Help:

I have attempted to download Windows Virtual Machine to my Toshiba Satillite Laptop from my Dell desk top and I get a message ------ Windows file MSXML6 missing.

When I go to the Microsoft web page to download the MSXML6 file I find that there are 4 versions of that file with no decsriptions of any version nor any description of application -----
What version of MSXML6 ----- msi --- 1264.msi ----- _SDK.msi ---- or --- _X64.msi do I need for my Toshiba laptop so Vertual Machine will function ?

The Toshiba laptop is loaded with Windows XP Pro and the desktop is also loaded with XP Pro.
The inital download of vertual machine was into the desk top from the web and copied to the laptop via CD.

As far as I can remember the download of virtual machine was done in 32 bit format and I suspect XP is a 64 bit protocol -------- is that a concern ?

Not happy in Pa. ----- (e-mail address removed)

N

nass

B K White said:
Help:

I have attempted to download Windows Virtual Machine to my Toshiba Satillite Laptop from my Dell desk top and I get a message ------ Windows file MSXML6 missing.

When I go to the Microsoft web page to download the MSXML6 file I find that there are 4 versions of that file with no decsriptions of any version nor any description of application -----
What version of MSXML6 ----- msi --- 1264.msi ----- _SDK.msi ---- or --- _X64.msi do I need for my Toshiba laptop so Vertual Machine will function ?

The Toshiba laptop is loaded with Windows XP Pro and the desktop is also loaded with XP Pro.
The inital download of vertual machine was into the desk top from the web and copied to the laptop via CD.

As far as I can remember the download of virtual machine was done in 32 bit format and I suspect XP is a 64 bit protocol -------- is that a concern ?

Not happy in Pa.

Restore your system to before the installation of the wrong version took
place.

Have a look and see which version installed and then go to the download link
I provided and install the 64 Bit for your OS version.
Sniff your installed MSXML software
http://www.topxml.com/parsers/sniffer/default.asp

msxml6_ia64.ms
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...CF-3BCF-4009-BE21-27E85E1857B1&displaylang=en
HTH
nass

Ask a Question