Windows start up problem

Reaction score
The strangest thing happen to my computer, on Saturday afternoon when i went to go turn on my computer and everything starts out ok until a black screen comes up on my screen that says the following statement:

" Windows could not successfully be started. Reasons for this could be recent changes in hardware and or software. Or the power or Reset button was pushed or your computer might have automatically shutdown to protect files."
That is not the exact message but it's pretty much a summary of what it says. Anyways it has like four options at the bottom after the message.

Start in Safe Mode- and there is another option involving safe mode that i don't recall at the moment, configure to last know best configuration, start normal, and at the bottom it says Windows will start in 30 seconds and there is like a countdown of when it's going to be loaded back up and then when it reaches zero a white bar at the bottom shows up and begins to fill up, but after the bar fills up windows should begin to start but nothing happens. Everything just freezes. I tried all the buttons on the keyboards. Nothing. I turn off and turn on the computer back on and select the safe mode option to see if that works again nothing. Everything just freezes.
I choose just about every option they give me and each one i pick gets me no response.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Because earlier during the day on Saturday morning i turned the computer on and everything was fine i was able to use it. After about maybe 15-20 mins i shut down the computer and i come back in the afternoon and i get this problem. And worst thing about it is my son has his homework assignemts on it.

Thanks!

Ask a Question