Windows Vista windows registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how to use windows registry in windows vista.

edit (Ian): For what it's worth, gavinghodges00 was a spam account to promote a pc repair service - that's what the ban is for, not this thread. (he's signed up at plenty of other places trying the same trick too).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's not a case of knowing how to use it - the registry is a store of lots of settings and shouldn't be changed unless you really know what you are doing. :thumb:

You can browse it by running regedit.exe - however... I strongly suggest you don't change anything because you can cause any number of problems by changing the wrong keys (even to the point that you can't boot up).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
gavinhodges00 said:
Can anybody tell me how to use windows registry in windows vista.
We don't, the OS does.

Leave it alone ... ;)

... there are over 30,000 entries, Vista 64bit has feckin loads as it has both 32bit & 64bit entries with the same names. :lol:

If you are gonna mess around, back-up the registry before messin ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

:user:

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Listen to Mucks and Ian...They know the score....
And i thought you were going to egg him on to play with the registry, then we could all have a laugh!:rolleyes:
I know from past experience when you play with the registry & get it wrong you are totally screwed!!!

Reaction score
feckit said:
And i thought you were going to egg him on to play with the registry, then we could all have a laugh!:rolleyes:
I know from past experience when you play with the registry & get it wrong you are totally screwed!!!

I would do that with you boys..Cause you know me better..But I can't feck with a newby like that can I..? Or should I hahah

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
I would do that with you boys..Cause you know me better..But I can't feck with a newby like that can I..? Or should I hahah

We talking ethics here?

We're all individuals so respond how you see fit, but....

The main ethos at work in this forum is that we're here, all of us, to help each other.

You may have noted that many people seeking help here have encountered sneery know-it-all people at other forums and have found this place a breath of fresh air.

Here, I like to think, no question is too silly or mundane and I'd also like to think we'll help an individual out regardless.

Some folk can get above their station sometimes and look down their nose at those they consider lesser than themselves.

Well, nobody knows everything and you can bet that every person asking what appears to you and I to be a simple question will have a lot more knowledge on a different subject than people here. In other words, different strokes for different folks, even quantum physics experts may not know the intricacies of personal computers and the associated software.

So, as I said, I not preaching, everybody reply however they want to within reason, but I'd like to think PCRUK is unique in our attitude towards helping folk :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
We talking ethics here?

We're all individuals so respond how you see fit, but....

The main ethos at work in this forum is that we're here, all of us, to help each other.

You may have noted that many people seeking help here have encountered sneery know-it-all people at other forums and have found this place a breath of fresh air.

Here, I like to think, no question is too silly or mundane and I'd also like to think we'll help an individual out regardless.

Some folk can get above their station sometimes and look down their nose at those they consider lesser than themselves.

Well, nobody knows everything and you can bet that every person asking what appears to you and I to be a simple question will have a lot more knowledge on a different subject than people here. In other words, different strokes for different folks, even quantum physics experts may not know the intricacies of personal computers and the associated software.

So, as I said, I not preaching, everybody reply however they want to within reason, but I'd like to think PCRUK is unique in our attitude towards helping folk :)

You trying to say something..???????????????????????????????????????

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
carry on and I start deleting posts and sticking a "cool off ban" an your accounts

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question