Windows password after VPN connect

I connect to a VPN connection, but if I try to access any files, I get the
windows box with the key on it, requesting a username and password. I have
tried my VPN user name and password, but they will not work in this box.

Yves Leclerc

VPN username / password CAN be different than the Windows
username/password. What is the VPN destination (Windows XP, Windows 2003
Server or other?)

"2nd username/password required?" <2nd username/password
[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Chelsea

You need to ask whoever is running the VPN server exactly what login name
and password they have given you on their machine.

Chelsea

I have no problem connecting to the VPN server. It is a setting on my PC
that is asking for a different username/password. It's that little box with
the pic of keys on it. After I enter my VPN userid/password, it changed my
username to my pcname?