Windows mail won't send--plus forced to enter a user name/password

B Betz

I seem to be having the same problem that many others are having. This is
the error that I now get when I enter what I believe to be the correct user
name and password

Account: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Server: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

I've never had to enter this for our windows mail. It just started today
and because of this, I'm not receiving mail or able to send mail. It was
wording up until at least 7:30 last night.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"B Betz" wrote in message
I seem to be having the same problem that many others are having. This is
the error that I now get when I enter what I believe to be the correct user
name and password

Account: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Server: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

I've never had to enter this for our windows mail. It just started today
and because of this, I'm not receiving mail or able to send mail. It was
wording up until at least 7:30 last night.

Ash.A

I am having the exact same problem... can any body tell me why??????? its
getting very annoying on a very busy day.

jaxline

Me too! what's going on? It won't accept any password I enter!-Sort it out
Windows Mail! I can get my messages on Yahoo Mail but it's messing up my
email records

J. Neddo

I've been having the same problem on outgoing emails - It comes up
authenication is incorrect - my server has all the right configurations and I
can send emails to myself on rr site but I cannot send myself email on
windows. HELP!!!

J. Neddo

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

A "me too" statement won't help us diagnose what your exact problem is.
Do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so,
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.

"Ash.A" wrote in message
I am having the exact same problem... can any body tell me why??????? its
getting very annoying on a very busy day.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

That's not the complete error message.