Windows mail will not let me send or receive mail

Can not send or receive or send any mail

Windows mail is giving me an error every time I try to check e-mail can
anyone tell me what this means

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'POP3', Server:
'POP.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Peter Foldes

Your Anti Virus is scanning your emails. Disable your anti Virus scanning by
uninstalling it and then re-install without the email integration (scanning) feature

Peter

"Can not send or receive or send any mail" <Can not send or receive or send any
news:[email protected]...

Rich/rerat

Can not send or receive or send any mail,
In addition to what Peter has recommended. Be aware that Charter Communications
yesterday filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. So there might be problems with their
services from now on, until its taken care of:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28940231

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule>

Your Anti Virus is scanning your emails. Disable your anti Virus scanning by
uninstalling it and then re-install without the email integration (scanning)
feature

Peter

"Can not send or receive or send any mail" <Can not send or receive or send any
news:[email protected]...

Al in Philadelphia

I had a similar problem after changing my antivirus from Norton to a freebie
- PC Tools Antivirus. It apparently does not automatically recognize POP3
accounts in the Ports to be scanned and this caused my email send receive to
stop functioning (in fact it also caused my emails to report out as SPAM to
my provider). I went into the email scan settings, clicked on the port
settings under advanced and clicked yes to scan the POP3 for the subject port
and everything started working fine after that. Don't know if this will help
you but it worked for me......best of luck