Windows just not starting!!!

Reaction score
I've got a Dell Laptop (quite old) school computer. Last night I was downloading some music via Limewire when baby started crying and mid-operation I shut the computer down quickly by pressing the on/off button.

I admit I do this probably too much.

This morning it will only partly start up and then takes me to a black and white page, which gives me the safe mode options or start windows normally etc.

It says that there was a software/hardware problem.

I am really stuck as it wont even start in Safe Mode and just keeps going back to the black and white screen.

It is a school computer and I know if I give it to a technician it will be a good 4 weeks before I have it back, so not really an option. Plus we are not allowed to download music onto them ,especially not from file-sharing programs.

I have my own XP disc that I could put on top of it and posibly reformat the computer but I have some pics of our new boy that I may lose.

Can anyone HELP please.

Cheers,

Khumbu.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page

Downloading and burning this to cd will probably help you to rescue your photos . Its not that hard to use .

user.gif

Ask a Question