Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed.....

paoloricardo

Trying to install software and I get this message:

"Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if
you are running in Safe mode or if Windows Installer is not correctly
installed".

When I click on OK, the Windows Installer message box appears then
disappears.

I'm not running in Safe Mode and I've no idea why the installer should
not be correctly installed.

Appreciate any assistance

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Click Start, Run, and type SERVICES.MSC. In the right pane, right-click Windows Installer, and then click Start. Also, set the service "Startup Type" to Manual.

"The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" error message when you install a program in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315353
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314810
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315346
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324516

Download details: Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en

Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" error message when you install a program in Windows XP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=...5346http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324516

Download details: Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F5...

Windows® Troubleshootinghttp://www.winhelponline.com
Winhelponline.com bloghttp://www.winhelponline.com/blog

Trying to install software and I get this message:

"Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if
you are running in Safe mode or if Windows Installer is not correctly
installed".

When I click on OK, the Windows Installer message box appears then
disappears.

I'm not running in Safe Mode and I've no idea why the installer should
not be correctly installed.

Appreciate any assistance

Ramesh: I tried what you suggested. The installer is found now but my
installation fails with an "Error 1606 - Cannot find network
location :." - I've no idea where ":." might be.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Which application are you trying to install?

"The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" error message when you install a program in Windows XP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=...346http://support..microsoft.com/?kbid=324516

<[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:07c111ce-9366-4bea-a3c5-12a7e8c00f05@s13g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
Trying to install software and I get this message:
"Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if
you are running in Safe mode or if Windows Installer is not correctly
installed".
When I click on OK, the Windows Installer message box appears then
disappears.
I'm not running in Safe Mode and I've no idea why the installer should
not be correctly installed.
Appreciate any assistance

Ramesh: I tried what you suggested. The installer is found now but my
installation fails with an "Error 1606 - Cannot find network
location :." - I've no idea where ":." might be.

Adobe Reader 8.0, latest version

Ramesh, MS-MVP

See result #4:
http://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+reader+"Error+1606"

and this might help also:

Error 1606: Could not access network location:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/msi1606.htm

<[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:19922fc1-8c13-4218-b841-f8b224391f76@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
[...]

Ramesh: I checked and there was no Recent entry in User Shell Folders
so I added the registry key as required - however this does not stop
the Error 1606 when I try to instal Adobe Reader.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Visted the Adobe KB link via Google search?