Windows XP windows could not load

Reaction score
My computer is giving me an error message of Windows could not load the installer for Keyboard. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance
and Windows could not load the installer for Mouse. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance
They both still work but I would like to get rid of the error messages
I am also having issues with the usb ports
If I leave the computer off and unplugged for a few days and re-plug it back in it picks up whatever I plug in the USB port but if I unplug it and plug it back in it does not recognize it
can you also help with this?

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be a possible power issues to your USB ports or maybe a motherboard issue, what have you got running off of them?

Reaction score
The only thing that is hooked to the usb port is the mouse
This is a computer that we had at work and it worked fine there
I brought it home and deleted all the programs off of it that were used for work purposes. I did not delete any windows programs (that I am aware of)
I considered wiping it clean and bringing it back up but I am not sure I have the proper discs to bring it back up

Reaction score
d_k_simmons said:
The only thing that is hooked to the usb port is the mouse
This is a computer that we had at work and it worked fine there
I brought it home and deleted all the programs off of it that were used for work purposes. I did not delete any windows programs (that I am aware of)
I considered wiping it clean and bringing it back up but I am not sure I have the proper discs to bring it back up

Waht disks do you have...And what OS is on the machine...If you have an XP disk and it is XP on the machine you can use it to do repair install...Or why not just reformat and load a new OS, maybe try one of the many versions of Linux...

Reaction score
Microsoft "Windows 2000 Professional" is on the computer

the discs that I have are for Windows xp the computer actually belongs to a co-worker and he only plans on using it to Burn C.D's and play games, but with it not being mine I don't want to take a chance on messing it up any further.

Ask a Question