Windows cannot find c:\windows\system32\DelFolders.exe message

Reaction score
"Windows cannot find "'D:\WINDOWS\o4256627.exe'".

To All Computer Experts,

Please help me solve the error that always appears everytime I start my computer. A dialogue box pops-up which says:

"Windows cannot find "'D:\WINDOWS\o4256627.exe'". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click Search.

I you have encountered this problem and solved it, please share it with me.

Milan

Reaction score
Elite remnants

This is indeed deposited by Elite motherboard installations, as is everything in the Tools directory.

I recently had to install a 6100-SM-M board after an impromptu chip frying session. It was a perfectly good board but being micro ATX format lacked expansion and a parallel port, so in due course I replaced it. In the past old motherboard drivers and installation files have been deleted or invalidated by the succeeding installation - but not this one.

It doesn't seem to do any harm but Windows Defender requires it to be permitted or denied at every boot, which I find irritating.

Re-naming the Tools directory causes the 'can't find delfolders.exe' message and doesn't seem to cause problems with the nine other Elite exe files in there. Deleting reboot.exe prevents the message.

Reaction score
C:\windows\systems32\tools\delfolders.exe

Hi,

I am having the same problem with that missing file. I was talking to a techie at Summit Direct here in my city of St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. He said it has something to do with Windows XP Home/Pro not installing properly but he was not 100% sure unless I bring in my tower. He also stated that it could be due myself needing a new motherboard.

Here is what has occured when I reload WinXP Home...everything is fine when I load windows on my computer. However, as soon as I install my motherboard cd it comes back every time.

The type of motherboard that I have is ECS Elitegroup 761GX-M754 W/2800+ (SiS761GX) HT1600.

Reaction score
In reply to my own statement about that pesky delfolders.exe...type in your search area of your computer system32 and locate the tools folder...here is what to do...delete it and the problem is solved.

Ask a Question