Windows 8 file manager, undu file operation?

John Doe

Did Microsoft nuke the very useful feature of being able to undu file
operations in its file manager? Another thing it was useful for is
hovering over the undu selection to see (in the status bar) exactly
what your last operation was.

JJ

Did Microsoft nuke the very useful feature of being able to undu file
operations in its file manager? Another thing it was useful for is
hovering over the undu selection to see (in the status bar) exactly
what your last operation was.

Does CTRL-Z work?

John Doe

I should have noticed, but... When you change the follow-up
groups, please do so before you post, not after. The person you
reply to might be in a group that your follow-up does not include.
Of course you can and will do whatever you want to do, but
replying to groups that you exclude in the "follow-up to"
directive is just annoying.

From: JJ <duh nah.meh>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Subject: Re: Windows 8 file manager, undu file operation?
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:41:07 +0700

Did Microsoft nuke the very useful feature of being able to undu file
operations in its file manager? Another thing it was useful for is
hovering over the undu selection to see (in the status bar) exactly
what your last operation was.

Does CTRL-Z work?

John Doe

Looks like adding the Undu button to the Quick Access Toolbar will
show the proposed Undu operation when hovering over that button.
That's what I wanted, to be able to see what was going to be
undone (as a reminder of what I did). Sometimes, a slip of the
mouse can put files someplace without knowing where they went.
That's how hovering over the Undu button can help me. It's an
indication of the file operation that just occurred.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Did Microsoft nuke the very useful feature of being able to undu file
operations in its file manager? Another thing it was useful for is
hovering over the undu selection to see (in the status bar) exactly
what your last operation was.

I never expected undo could work correctly... :)

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!