Windows 7 RC Download

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
You'd need to do a fresh install anyway Flops, as they'll be changing core bits of code by the release. Although you can use the migration wizard to move most of your settings and files - it works really well :)

Thank you Squire, for that info :thumb:

Let's just see how it goes then :)

I've said it before, I'll say it again - my Vista install is the most stable OS I've ever used, 16 months old now.

It's just......... irritating :D And kinda slow compared to XP.

Let's hope Win 7 is better.

And if it is, as far as I'm concerned I'll have paid twice for it if I use it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for that MadX :thumb:

Maybe it's me but I can never seem to find the things I'm after on MS's site :confused:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Thanks for that MadX :thumb:

Maybe it's me but I can never seem to find the things I'm after on MS's site :confused:

When I looked on their site I couldn't find it either, then me mate sent me the link..

Reaction score
Hey guys..Well I eventually got round to installing Windows 7..And I must say I am fricking impressed..It is super fast in my opinion compared to Vista..One problem I did have was setting up BT Manager...Quick call to the support and they sorted me out..Now I have one or two other questions...Who is using what for security..? Windows 7 seems to be telling me it doesn't support Kaspersky 2009...Any ideas..? Can I get it to work...BT offer me Mc Crappy, but with skeleton support...Take on board I don't like free stuff, and am not to keen on AVG and the like...I know i'm not leaving much room saying I don't like this and that, but i'm sure one of you have got KIS to work, and i'd prefer to stay with that..Another question...I installed Windows 7 as a Dual Boot with Vista, as erm I have the same copy of Vista installed on 5 machines, including the dual boot, and I didn't want to go down the root of something going wrong and having to do a fresh install of Vista, only for MS to say feck off you are tking the p*ss with so many already installed if you get wht i'm saying..? Oh yeah, as I am dual booting, can I acess Vista from W7..? I want to get my music and other bits and bobs over without having to transfer to external HDD then to W 7...You guys have had a few months practise,so hope you can help..Ta very much..I'm off to suck on a Brown Ale for now..I await your replys...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Brown ale? :eek:

I've just installed Win 7 RC Ultimate 64 Bit and this is a very brief report. It has a removable 160Gb hard disk all to itself.

Thoughts:

I like the look of it.

It's taking me a while to find some familiar things.

It automatically set screen res and video settings - good.

It's so much faster than Vista.

Soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard drivers worked, I was well surprised :thumb:

Nvidia Win 7 64 Bit Beta drivers worked fine.

I have onboard LAN disabled in BIOS as I have a Linksys wireless WMP54G LAN card installed.

I loaded the standard drivers from the card's CD but it won't work, which means I can't network or get online atm.

I have yet to check out the Linksys site to see if they have a solution.

And that's about it really, like I said, haven't spent much time with it yet.

If I can configure my LAN card and get online I will try a few games and other software and report back.

We shall see.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Brown ale? :eek:

I've just installed Win 7 RC Ultimate 64 Bit and this is a very brief report. It has a removable 160Gb hard disk all to itself.

Thoughts:

I like the look of it.

It's taking me a while to find some familiar things.

It automatically set screen res and video settings - good.

It's so much faster than Vista.

We shall see.

I have just done 64 bit myself...Same as you, taking a while to navigate around it..Fast..Erm I don't know a faster Windows than this, unless that is my other installs were cluttered with cr*p..Even when I did the strip down of XP with nLite, it wasn't as quick as this...Time will tell though...Feck even IE8 is pretty quick...lol

Reaction score
Folks,
Are you's tellin me that the Windows 7 the whole world is gabbing on about is not a full version??? It amazes me how many people are waiting on a " nearly Finished program".
Why does everybody want it???
wheel.gif
Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Folks,
Are you's tellin me that the Windows 7 the whole world is gabbing on about is not a full version??? It amazes me how many people are waiting on a " nearly Finished program".
wheel.gif
Zzzzz

Erm it is sort of a full version..MS have released it on us puppets, so we can iron out the few bugs it might have before they chuck it on sale next year...Dude, download it, dual boot it and have a bit of fun...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Folks,
wheel.gif
Zzzzz

It is a full version.

Microsoft are open to suggestions on how to improve it.

To do this they make available the version as is so far.

If something in it really poxes you off you let Microsoft know.

Then MS hopefully change things.

That's the general idea.

Why does everybody want it?

Well, they don't really, some folks will probably stick with XP til the day they die :rolleyes:

But, if you use Windows, you'll probably want it, and you'll also probably really hope that it's better than all preceeding Windows OS's. Especially Vista.

And I will say yet again: Existing Vista licence holders should get Win 7 free or at least discounted cos they purchased a flawed MS OS.

But of course that won't happen will it?

Reaction score
I will wait till somebody writes a dummies guide on the how to's cos that'd be way over my noggin....also i'd probably be too scared. That dual boot thing sounds heavy S**t to me.....Would a laptop be capable of sustaining 2c OS's??
dancetl6.gif
Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
I will wait till somebody writes a dummies guide on the how to's cos that'd be way over my noggin....also i'd probably be too scared. That dual boot thing sounds heavy S**t to me.....Would a laptop be capable of sustaining 2c OS's??
dancetl6.gif
Zzzzz

Erm its not really that different to Vista, just lot prettier and faster..I've been playing for about 2 hours now, and it seems like Ihave been playing for months.Yeah there are a few niggly bits, but much the same as with any new OS when we first download it...As for the dual booting, erm there are a few guides that are as easy as p*ss..As for maiking the partition, erm my 13 year old daughter did it while I made dinner..And as for wether your laptop can cope...Remember you are only running one OS when you dual boot...Anyway go look here to ee if it meets the requirements....

Reaction score
I just downloaded the advisory thingy and its checking now to see if me ma sheen is capable of running 7....7 of 9 comes to mind. Any suggestions as to which features i might like cos it told me to have a nose about on MS.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
The advisory said my pc was cool enough for the job of windows 7 but i aint got the disc for loading 7 on to me pc so i'm toshed as they say.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi Folks,
The advisory said my pc was cool enough for the job of windows 7 but i aint got the disc for loading 7 on to me pc so i'm toshed as they say.
Zzzzz

Erm well then ya go and buy yourself some DVD + R, then you goto this link and download either 32 bit or 64 bit ISO, which ever you choose or can run, then ya burn it to said disks we soke of earlier..And hey presto, ready to instal....:p

Ask a Question