Bargain Windows 7 only £30 for students

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
UK students will be able to get Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional for just £30 from Oct 1st. That's one heck of a bargain if you qualify!

We are offering students the opportunity to buy Windows 7 for an amazing discounted price, £30 for either Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional.

You can take advantage of this offer from October 1st but you will need to be quick as it is for a limited time only and is only eligible to college and university students with a valid .EDU email address (an email address given by the college or university, for example: (e-mail address removed) ), a PC that is currently running a genuine copy of Windows Vista or Windows XP and can run Windows 7.

You can read more on the MS site here:
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/studentoffer/default.aspx

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, two of my girls are at Uni and each has a two year old Toshiba laptop running Vista.

I shall let them know but I don't think they'll be interested tbh, when you're at Uni £30.00 probably buys something more important.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I shall let them know but I don't think they'll be interested tbh, when you're at Uni £30.00 probably buys something more important.

Yes it probably would buy something more important. So you could give them the £30 and they could buy W7 for you and save you a few quid :p

Reaction score
ahhh so frustrated

wish I could get this...

**gets thinking about who he knows as a STUDENT!

Reaction score
psd99 said:
ahhh so frustrated

wish I could get this...

**gets thinking about who he knows as a STUDENT!

I is lucky, 1 daughter in UNI,now if only I could age the other a few years and get her in UNI I could make some money out of this
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
MadX: Aye, it has crossed my mind but I've already pre-ordered Win 7 Home Premium from Dixons for £45.00.

Only problem is, I've lost the confirmation e-mail from Dixons after one of my Raptor disks crashed so I have no proof of their offer.

I can only hope Dixons honour their word. They haven't taken the money yet, they will do so on October 22nd, so they say.

I have 3 machines. The plan is to leave XP on the audio/video/old games/bedroom machine; Win 7 on the main beastie and this copy of Vista to go to the media machine.

I like Vista's media Centre and as no games will be loaded on media machine, or excess software, the speed will be acceptable.

But - to run Win 7 on the media machine for thirty quid and dump Vista altogether is tempting.

I'd file Vista alongside ME - but I never ever used ME :D

Ask a Question