Bargain Office Ultimate 2007 - £39 for students

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just seen that MS are offering Office 2007 Ultimate to students for £39 (or £12.95 /yr). Might be worth a look for anyone at school or uni.

The site doesn't appear to be live at this moment, but should be any second according to an e-mail I've just received.

http://www.theultimatesteal.co.uk/http://www.theultimatesteal.com/

Microsoft is offering university students the chance to download Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate edition for only £39. Dubbed "The Ultimate Steal" the offer gives students access to the full range of Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and OneNote. The offer represents an enormous discount on the full boxed version of Office Ultimate edition, which costs £492. Microsoft says that if a student's e-mail address can't be verified, additional information will be taken instead, although at the time of publication it had no further details on how this would work.

For those unable to afford the £39 for the perpetual license, a one-year subscription will also be offered for £12.95.

Some more details here:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2007/sep07/09-12ultimatesteal.mspx?rss_fdn=Top Stories

Reaction score
I'm still using Office 2000 & it works all OK for me.
I don’t use the Office package enough to update it, but at under £40 i would consider it.
Now i just need to find a student!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Perpetual: ageless: continuing forever or indefinitely

Sweet. The top version of office and it never expires... for £39!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I must tell my girls about this...... ;)

They both be starting Uni next week, Cardiff & Bristol, History and Biology, in case you be interested :)

(Twins, in case you confused)

Reaction score
Can anyone else find out where the option is to have the CD sent to you? I can only see to download it...

Cheers

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Can anyone else find out where the option is to have the CD sent to you? I can only see to download it...
May be thats why it's cheap!
Microsoft never give anything away without a catch!!!!

Reaction score
feckit said:
May be thats why it's cheap!
Microsoft never give anything away without a catch!!!!

You can get the CD sent it says there is an option, i just cant find it!!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
You can get the CD sent it says there is an option, i just cant find it!!

why would you want the cd sent then Postill?

Reaction score
They probably will ask for a pre-stamped envelope Postill ;)

You know how cheap Microsoft can be.

Reaction score
You have to pay a little extra for the CD, but i would prefer to have it as i like to have "proper" copies of anything that i buy.

It's just not as exciting downloading it really.

Reaction score
Big thanks Ian i know several people with kids at school and colledge who will be interested.

Reaction score
Hi I tried to buy that the ultimate steal online but there was a problem with the system and i cant order is again.
Do you know anyway I can get the program at that price?

Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
deviatart said:
Hi I tried to buy that the ultimate steal online but there was a problem with the system and i cant order is again.
Do you know anyway I can get the program at that price?

Thanks

I don't personally, no.

And this thread is around 15 months old now so it's hardly surprising your attempted purchase failed.

If you're at Uni have a word with the site's admin or a lecturer, they may be able to point you in the right direction if there are any offers available.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The site still seems to be working after all this time so it might be worth contacting their support team on this page to see what went wrong:

HERE.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I don't know what went wrong for you, but the original link still works by the looks of it, and if you click on 'Buy' you get the option of being a returning customer and having the link resent - or enter your college/university email address and just try and buy it again?

Edit: That pesky Ian's gone a beaten me to it :p

Ask a Question