Windows 7 Windows 7 .bat file

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Ok I am putting my hands up here and admitting I am tw*t.
I downloaded some crap to transform w7 to look like OS X Lion and it went bad, even so far as to corrupt my laptops recovery partition. Abuse is welcome.
So I have reinstalled Windows7 Ultimate but in computer management/Device manager I have yellow ! for ethernet controller, Network Controller, PCI device.
I have downloaded every driver I can find for my laptop.
Now is there a way I can write a batch file that will activate/install all the downloaded drivers at once ? Rather than having to do 20 individual installs ??

Last edited:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I don't think it is such an issue with getting the batch file together, but timing it properly to launch one application to another. Each will take it's own amount of time to install and some will have prompts to deal with.

The easiest way to get your hardware together in the install is to slipstream the installation. You can use a program like http://www.nliteos.com/ to create a bootable CD. With this software I can put updates, drivers, custom programs and anything I want to be on the machine when I am done with the installation that I want. Granted, you have to pay attention to the size of the media you use to make this image. But it can be done.

That's what I have always done. It just sucks because your system is installed already. It means either reinstall with the slipstreamed image or do a one by one.

That's my 12p worth

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
That's what I have always done. It just sucks because your system is installed already. It means either reinstall with the slipstreamed image or do a one by one.

That's my 12p worth

Its not a problem installing again. I have used vLite in the past. Not to slipstream, more to remove un-needed stuff. I just thought knocking u a quick batch file to run all the.exe's at once would be quicker so to speak. None of them need restarting of the pc or anthing like that.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Since they are already downloaded, I would just run them. Even with 10 drivers, provided they have their own installation packages, the time is relatively short.

But for kicks, here is a link to what you were asking. It follows along the lines of what I was saying. Run exe, pause, run exe, pause. If the applications you have for driver install don't require interaction from a user, you could probably use this method. I have run several installs before and not seen an issue. That doesn't mean that the possibility doesn't exist.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Since they are already downloaded, I would just run them. Even with 10 drivers, provided they have their own installation packages, the time is relatively short.

But for kicks, here is a link to what you were asking. It follows along the lines of what I was saying. Run exe, pause, run exe, pause. If the applications you have for driver install don't require interaction from a user, you could probably use this method. I have run several installs before and not seen an issue. That doesn't mean that the possibility doesn't exist.
Link ?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Actually after looking at all the drivers again and software. All I really need are the network drivers. The rest are mostly related to the HP bloat ware crap which I can do without

Ask a Question