Win 7 ultimate iso info--help me decipher this pls - piratedsoftware? Not.

R

RayLopez99

Strictly as an academic exercise I'd like to try and mount this .iso I downloaded from a legal site and follow the below instructions. But there's somuch information I'm confused a bit.

How to make sense of it? I can understand most of it, but there's a lot ofstuff going on that does not make sense.

My trial setup is to use an emulator (virtual OS) and after I burn the .isoI figure that you'll have to then enter a key (within 30 days) to 'activate' the Windows 7. If you read the below the implication is that there are several ways to avoid the annoying nag screen or limited functionality thatcomes with Windows that is not activated. The ways include three modes:

Q: What changes bring in process of loading Windows for UnSafe, Safe and Safest emulation modes?
A:
Safest - the activator loader calls Windows.
Safe - the activator loader calls the original boot loader.
UnSafe - the boot sector calls the activator loader, the activator loader calls the original boot loader

I don't understand what "activation loader" is--but I reckon it is a shell that calls Windows. Note it is not the "original boot loader", which is deemed the "unsafe" mode (meaning it's likely to be blocked by Microsoft in the sometime immediate future for Windows updates once a lot of people startusing it--at least that's what I think it means). So the "activator loader"--which in theory can be a rootkit virus--calls Windows and somehow givesit a legal activation key each time, and without destroying whatever user data the user has on their hard drive (like in user/MyDocuments), is that it?

Any advice appreciated. I plan on using this .iso for experimental software just to test the same, not for any personal uses that contain my personalinformation, so I really don't care if there is a rootkit virus on the "activation loader".

I also include some information on SLIC I found on the web.

What are these loaders? Which one is 'best', which one is used by this package?

Installs/Uninstalls/Detects public SLIC emulators:
- W7 Loader
- Open W7 Loader
- SLIC Driver
- Vista Boot
- WOW7 Loader
- MBR SLIC Loader
- Vista Loader

What is KMS Activation? From this: "KMS servers" I take it to mean that ifyou plan to use this .iso forever, you can periodically, from I suppose some hacker site, download fake Windows keys that will allow you to run Windows to get Windows 7 updates--is that it? The KMS servers reside on the hacker's site, is that it? That must be it. I recall using such an .iso on aVista machine I had--it worked fine for about a year, and I was able to get updates, until one day one of those updates had a "Check to see if you are running Genuine Windows" module and I got a notice saying I was running an unauthorized version of Windows along with a periodic nag screen. Once Ipaid up Microsoft, I got a legal key and all was well again. So I guess this KMS Activation is way of constantly downloading unauthorized keys to avoid having to pay Microsoft, is that it?

RL

*** from the README.TXT file ***

Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Edition

Activates all Windows 7 versions:
Ultimate, Professional, Enterprise, Starter, Basic, Home, etc.

Activates Windows 7 / Vista / 2008 R2 / 2008 - RTM / preRTM / Office 2010
Supported editions: All

Back up your tokens.dat file if you must have a version other than Ultimate..

This activator is a 'Franzenfuilde' Loader, meaning it swaps out files in order to activate.

Features:
- Safer loader installation (than other activators)
- Activate any edition (without reducing default activation abilities)
- Trial Reset (get back 4 rearms and 30 days)

- W7 Loader
- Open W7 Loader
- SLIC Driver
- Vista Boot
- WOW7 Loader
- MBR SLIC Loader
- Vista Loader

KMS Activation:
- Emulated KMS Server
- Internet KMS Servers

Download latest updates(w7lxe.exe /update):
- Windows 7/Vista/2008R2/2008 keys
- Windows 7 SLICs
- Windows 7/Vista Certificates
- W7 Loader
- Open W7 Loader
- SLIC Driver
- MBR SLIC Loader
- KMS Emulator

- Activate any editions
- Automatic and Advanced Mode
- Complete loaders collection
- Custom loaders integration
- Windows activation information
- SLIC checking: checksum, SLIC&RSDT&XSDT markers
- Installed loader information: Boot Loader and SLIC Emulator
- Installed key information
- SLIC dump
- Certificate dump
- Product key checker
- Logos and OEM information installation
- Commmand line keys
- Internal SLIC's storage
- Internal Certificates storage
- Ability to use external SLIC's storage
- Ability to use external Certificates storage
- SLIC and Certificate comparison
- Custom KMS servers list
- Custom keys list
- Custom logos list

KB971033 ready.
Shows extended activation-related information.
Detects Chew-WGA&RemoveWAT-related system changes.
Activates Office 2010 (w7lxe.exe /office2010).

Emergency recovery
MBR SLIC Loader and "Sleep Mode" compatibility:
"Clear CMOS" jumper.

NOTES:

Default SLIC emulator: W7 Loader (Forceful)
Default emulation scheme: Safest + UnSafe

1. "Safest" uses Loader with Vista Boot Loading Screen (with option to use original W7 in boot options)
2. "Safe" uses Loader with W7 Boot Loading Screen (with option to use original W7 in boot options)
3. "Unsafe" uses Loader with W7 Boot Loading Screen (no option to use original W7 in boot options)

-----------------------------------------------

Vista type boot screen after installing loader?
Try uninstalling the loader and install with "Safe" or "Unsafe" mode checked.

Special abilities:
- Trial Reset (get back 4 rearms and 30 days)
- Windows is always has recovery option (not need to recovery from DVD if SLIC emulator crash PC)
- Activate any edition w/o reducing default activation abilities

Accessibility:
- Reset Trial (returns 4 rearms and 30 days)
- Windows always has the option to restore the work (no need to restore from the DVD, if your computer can not boot after the application of SLIC emulator)
- Activates any editor without loss of activation opportunities

New command line keys:
w7lxe.exe / biosbootmenu
- Prevent activation drop for BIOS boot menu (Multi-boot)

It does work and will activate all Win 7 editions.

But…

Windows 7 Loader extreme Edition 3 uses retail MSDN keys, this is misleading as it combines them with certs in the UI, making it look like an OEM key.
When the keys reach their maximum activation limit or Microsoft blocks them, this will become useless, unless Nabalum has an unlimited supply of MSDN keys.

Back up your tokens.dat file if you must have a version other than Ultimate..

FAQ:

Q: I the novice user of the PC, saw that there are various activators Windows 7 Loader. What of them to select?
A: To beginners and those who not ready to restore the loader, owing to impossibility to boot after application of activators, it is recommended to use only safe Windows 7 Loader extreme Edition v3. If the "Loader" method used then press "Cancel" button after reboot.

Q: How to use the activator?
A: Start w7lxe.exe, do nothing, wait when all makes the activator in an automatic mode.

Q: Online genuine validation shows the error.
A: KB971033 is blocked for the purpose of preventing possible activation loss in the future.

Q: Can't Microsoft begin to ban modified BIOS with SLIC 2.x?
A: Yes, it is theoretically possible. In Windows Vista times loaders banning was just theory too.

Q: What emulation mode is used by default?
A: Safest emulation is used for SLIC emulator check. If SLIC emulation and activation has passed successfully than UnSafe emulation.

Q: For me it was not initial the load menu and delay time for boot menu but why after application of the "Loader" method there is 30 second return counting?
A: Such occurs only at the first reboot what in case if the SLIC emulator does not work (black screen) it was possible to reboot and use the native choice Windows 7. Other activators, in the case if the SLIC emulator does notwork, it demands to restore procedure with installation DVD usage.

Q: I do not wish to use illegal keys and KMS servers, but thus I wish to have to have "genuine software" status. What can recommend?
A: Use the grace period. For limitation overcoming on the maximum period ofusage (4x30=120 days) to apply the "Trial Reset" method to reset of counters:
w7lxe.exe->Trial Reset->Activate
or
w7lxe.exe /method=TrialReset

Q: How to restore system after unsuccessful usage of TrialReset method by 3..115-3.118 version?
A: Run
w7lxe.exe /trial-recovery
from different windows 7 or Windows Vista installation.

Q: I wish to make on Windows 7 and Windows Vista 49516 grace days the "49516 Trial Days" method as a constant working solution of a question about activation.
A: It is not necessary to make such choice as a constant basis. With the advent of the "Trial Reset" method the such solution has lost sense. Though for Windows Server 2008R2/2008 it is quite applicable. The "49516 Trial Days" method now has more likely fact-finding character that such is possible.

Q: After application of the "Loader" method activation does not occur. Whatto do?
A:
1) Advanced Mode->Boot Loader->Install
2) Reboot
3) Advanced Mode->Upload Screenshot
Or keyboard->PrintScreen; Run->MsPaint->Paste->Save; http://imageshack.us/->Browse...->start upload
4) Ask advanced users for help, having placed a screenshot.

Q: Used the "Loader" method, after rebooting the activator choice (Windows 7 Loader XE) does not load Windows. It was necessary to take advantage of the original choice.
A: It most likely means that the SLIC emulator used by default does not work on the given computer.
Try other emulators (it is necessary to reboot each time):
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: MBR SLIC Loader->Install
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: Vista Boot 08.0501->Install
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: Vista Loader 2.1.2->Install
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: WOW7 Loader->Install
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: W7 Loader (Default)->Install
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: W7 Loader (Alternative)->Install
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: W7 Loader (LowMemory)->Install
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: SLIC Driver->Install

Q: How to change delay time for boot menu?
A: Advanced Mode->Boot Loader->timeouts

Q: In what advantage Safest emulation?
A: Always there is a possibility after rebooting to load Windows that is important when the SLIC emulator does not work. Safe emulation should gives the such possibility too.

Q: At start the activator shows the message that it supports only FAT and NTFS file systems.
A: It is possible to skip compulsorily the check of the file system and to start the activator:
w7lxe.exe/fscheck=off
Or for preventing from undesirable effects:
w7lxe.exe/fscheck=off/bootsect=off /mbr=off
- In these two variants UnSafe emulation does not work.

Q: In the list of warnings it is written: "Loader: SCSI boot device detected!". What consequences can occur owing to application of the "Loader" method?
A: Warnings specify in the reason there can not pass activation. In this case SLIC emulation will probably not work.
If the emulator has not worked, in such situation it is necessary to try:
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: Vista Boot 08.0501->Install
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: SLIC Driver->Install

Q: In the list of warnings it is written: "Incomplite SLIC(OEMX) detected!"..
A: It is necessary to try:
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader: MBR SLIC Loader->Install

Q: How the automatic mode of the activator works? How it makes a choice of a method for the recommendation?
A: If for the installed edition Windows exists OEM:SLP key and SLIC is detected - the "Certificate" method is recommended.
If SLIC is absent - the "Loader" method.
If for the installed edition of Windows does not exist OEM:SLP key - the "180+ Days" method.
Thus all line of editions Windows 7/Vista/2008R2/2008 becomes covered (Except N and E editions which can be activated by self-decision). if Windows marked as "Pirated" Or other methods are not applicable - than "Trial Reset" method.

Q: What sequence of operations corresponds to the "Loader" method in the automatic mode?
A:
1) Advanced Mode->Key AND Certificates->Key: OEM:SLP (OEM) Key->Install
2) Advanced Mode->Key AND Certificates->Certificate->Install
3) Advanced Mode->Boot Loader->Install
4) Reboot
If SLIC emulation and activation has passed successfully:
5) Advanced Mode->Boot Loader->Emulation: UnSafe->Install
6) Reboot

Q: What sequence of operations corresponds to the "180+ Days" method in theautomatic mode?
A:
1) Advanced Mode->Key AND Certificates->Key: Volume:GVLK (Volume) Key->Install
2) Advanced Mode->KMS Activation->Activate

Q: What sequence of operations corresponds to the "Certificate" method in the automatic mode?
A:
1) Advanced Mode->Key AND Certificates->Key: OEM:SLP (OEM) Key->Install
2) Advanced Mode->Key AND Certificates->Certificate->Install

Q: I has bought a new computer how to extract all information linked to activation?
A:
1) Advanced Mode->Windows->Dump (Certificate) - keeps the certificate
2) Advanced Mode->BIOS->Dump (SLIC) - saves SLIC
3) Product Key Info->Product Key - shows the installed key

Q: How to return the Windows 7 boot screen and the hibernation mode if 3.011-3.014 version has been used?
A:
1) w7lxe.exe->Loader->Deactivate
2) Reboot
3) w7lxe.exe->Loader->Activate

Q: Activated, but activation is lost each time after hibernation.
A: Advanced Mode->Boot Loader->Emulation: Safe->Install
or
Advanced Mode->Boot Loader->Emulation: UnSafe->Install
or
bcdedit -store \boot\lxe ...

Q: For me it is installed Windows XP and Windows 7. After activation there was a third choice "Windows 7 Loader XE". Whether it is possible to delete the native choice Windows 7?
Or
- the such solution is preferable.

Q: It is necessary to customize loading Windows through bcdedit, in particular bcdedit-set testsigning on and HASP driver does not work.
Or

Q: At loading computer there is a flashing menu. How to remove the flashingor the menu?
A: Advanced Mode->Boot Loader->Emulation: UnSafe->Install

Q: I wish to activate at once through UnSafe emulation. Whether it is necessary so to do?
A: No, it is recommended to pick up in the beginning the working SLIC emulator, with which Windows is activated.
After that it is possible to install through UnSafe SLIC emulation, with the big share of probability, it will work without complications.

Q: I use... (Something like a virtual file system) for disk image creation in real time. It boots before Windows - I am afraid to use the "Loader" method.
A: In an automatic mode (Safest emulation) usually the boot sector and the boot loader are not rewritten.
What to prevent those exclusive situations in which the activator all the same rewrites boot sector, it is possible to use the command line key:
w7lxe.exe/bootsect=off /mbr=off

Q: What physical changes bring in system for UnSafe, Safe and Safest emulation modes?
A:
Safest - changes mention only the boot menu.
Safe - changes mention only the boot loader.
UnSafe - changes mention boot sector and the loader.

Q: What changes bring in process of loading Windows for UnSafe, Safe and Safest emulation modes?
A:
Safest - the activator loader calls Windows.
Safe - the activator loader calls the original boot loader.
UnSafe - the boot sector calls the activator loader, the activator loader calls the original boot loader.

Q: In what emulation mode (UnSafe, Safe, Safest) other activators Windows 7Loader work?
A: UnSafe

Q: I have a legal MSDN key for edition distinct from that which is installed, Windows refuses to accept it.
A: Advanced Mode->Key AND Certificates->Key: Retail (MSDN) Key->Install

Q: How the activator allows installing keys of editions distinct from that which has been installed?
A: Such it is possible thanks to existence of the internal mechanism Windows "Anytime Upgrade". Direct interaction of the activator with it allows notbreaking functioning of the activation mechanism (in difference of other "universal" activators).

Q: How to get the information about the new key?
A: Advanced Mode->Key AND Certificate->Key->Get Info

Q: Where to learn what keys of the command line and external files support the activator?
A: Advanced Mode->Windows 7 Loader XE->Info

Q: Where to learn the detailed information about Safest, Safe, Unsafe emulation?
A: The scheme in archive: Info\w7lxe-emu1-3300.png

//
SLIC what it is how it works overview

Just some shamelessly stolen cut and pasted basic overview info for so many newbies like myself learning just what SLIC is and how it works. This first part covers SLP 1.0.

We are all fairly much aware of how SLP 2.0 works under Vista: The BIOSof an OEM computer has a special ACPI Table called a Software Licencing (SLIC) table which identifies the machine, a special certificate is installedon the computer which validates the SLIC table and authorizes the installation, and a Royalty OEM serial key is used to identify the version of Windows installed. When all three components are installed, the system self-activates.

Under Windows XP, SLP also exists, but in an earlier version (SLP 1.0).this system works similarly to the version used by Vista in that it uses aBIOS component to identify the machine as an OEM manufactured one, a groupof files to validate the BIOS and authorize the installation, and a serialkey to allow the installation of the desired OS.

However, the similarity between SLP 1.0 and SLP 2.0 ends there.

One of the biggest differences is that the BIOS component of SLP 1.0 isnot a SLIC table. Instead, it is a simple text string stored at some specifc location within the BIOS DMI data area. No encryption or fancy algorithyms are used to hide this string. However, some OEM machines do go a step further and calculate checksums on multiple blocks within the BIOS to identify the machine.

While the BIOS component is much simpler under SLP 1.0, the opposite istrue of the validation file. Instead of using a certificate which is compared through an encryption algorithm to the BIOS component, the SLP used by XP requires a series of four files containing an active scanning and validation program that is used to authenticate the installation. These files allhave the name OEMBIOS but a different extension and can be found within the i386 folder of the XP installer CD. (The files are installed to the Windows\System32 folder of the XP installation, as well.)

As for the installation key, all SLP 1.0 keys are manufacturer specific.. A Dell OEM installation cannot use an Acer CD key, for example. This is different from SLP 2..0 where the Installation keys are common to all manufacturers.

A program such as an emulator to make XP think it is an OEM machine is not possible under SLP 1.0, as the validation routine actually scans the existing BIOS ROM chip.

While an emulator cannot be had, modifying the system to use SLP 1.0 isvery simplistic. A common program called a DMI Editor will allow you to modify the DMI configuration data to insert the required string into a non-OEM board. On most OEM systems, this is nothing more than the name of the manufacturer embedded in the DMI data as the System Manufacturer.

(Some OEM machines use further validation, requiring that multiple blocks of memory in the BIOS chip match what the original machine's BIOS contained. Since this would require severe modification to the BIOS program code to achieve, most people simply ignore these OEM brands altogether.)

What string you must insert depends on what OEMBIOS.* files you have onyour installation CD. Several sites have are around which both host the OEMBIOS files and provide the specific details of the correct manufacturer's string and how to edit it. Using those OEMBIOS files, you can easily modifya regular XP home or Pro CD into an OEM one - merely by copying the files over and embedding the correct serial key.

and from MS....

System Locked Preinstallation, often abbreviated as SLP, is a procedureused by major OEM computer manufacturers in order to preactivate Microsoft's operating systems Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Vista before mass distribution. Operating systems that use SLP check for a particulartext string in a computer's BIOS upon booting. If the text string does notmatch the information stored in the particular installation's OEMBIOS files, the user is prompted to activate his or her copy as normal. This effectively "locks" the operating system to the qualified motherboard. In addition, if an end user feels the need to perform a "clean install" of Windows, and if the manufacturer supplies the user with an installation disc (not a "System Recovery" disc that is a hard drive image), the user will not be prompted to activate the copy, given that the installation is performed on the same motherboard. Furthermore, because the check only involves the BIOS andnot hardware, a user is allowed to change virtually all hardware components within the machine, a procedure that would normally trigger re-activationin retail XP/Server 2003 copies.
It is important to note that SLP installations still require a product key, which are unique to the specific version of Windows (Home, Professional, Server, etc...). The product key printed on the Certificate of Authenticity affixed to an OEM assembled computer will usually suffice. As of February 28, 2005[1], those keys were invalidated for normal activation by Microsoft in an effort to further reduce software piracy, but does not apply to SLP. If the COA product key is lost, then product key finders, readily available on the Internet, can decrypt the key from a local installation. Keys from either source will allow the user to avoid activation upon reinstallation. Also, Microsoft released the following generic product keys that can beused to avoid product activation on any SLP-enabled computer using the corresponding version of Windows XP:
(Please note that the following keys are not volume license keys. The installation source must also be SLP-enabled by the manufacturer.)
Windows XP Professional (32-bit)
Windows XP Professional (64-bit)
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

F

Flasherly

An activation loader is going to be code theoretically written from
lowest basement possible by the least imaginable person or people(s),
any of whom conceivably could be a criminal, at a moment's notice, in
the strictest sense of only the finest academic traditions, for a
stately interpretation of fundamental contracts binding society
together to such a state of status quo, for an applet intended to
promote itself by alternative means whereby to successfully render a
wealth of Microsoft's empire, located on the North American continent,
null and devoid of it's primary source of income.

That would be my guess how might they work out such things when theory
in the academic sense is put into clear and concise understanding for
a proud and valorous to wonder in awe.

M

Man-wai Chang

- W7 Loader
- Open W7 Loader
- SLIC Driver
- Vista Boot
- WOW7 Loader
- MBR SLIC Loader
- Vista Loader

Use only Daz Windows Loader, and download from official site.

The KMS servers are for Windows 7 Enterprise.

--
@~@ Remain silent. Nothing from soldiers and magicians is real!
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (Fedora 17 i686) Linux 3.5.4-2.fc17.i686
^ ^ 16:57:01 up 1 day 18:52 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
ä¸å€Ÿè²¸! ä¸è©é¨™! ä¸æ´äº¤! ä¸æ‰“交! ä¸æ‰“劫! ä¸è‡ªæ®º! è«‹è€ƒæ…®ç¶œæ´ (CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

R

RayLopez99

The KMS servers are for Windows 7 Enterprise.

Thanks! This will be handy. If Microsoft sold licenses at a more reasonable price (say $25 US) I would not have to resort to this...this is only for a virtual OS machine I am building.

Below is the file I found and most sites rate it as "good". I think it's malware (says Microsoft Security Essentials) only because it is a keygen cracker.

I intend (for academic purposes) to load this Daz Windows Loader loader into a virtual OS like Oracle's VM that is running Windows 7 Ultimate. Do you see this is a problem? Will it infect my 'real' OS (also Windows 7), which was purchased from Microsoft?

Let me know what you think Mr. Chang. I thank flasherly too, but honestly I did not understand half of what he said...

RL

SHA256: b8b33612e9c4735efe2c1410d6be3637c67ac86d45cc078a3958d927c05d523b
SHA1: 7d78710142c7624f7305d1910bffa4f79287d0db
MD5: a6fe7206452464e1198b3a1e20221035
File size: 1.6 MB ( 1673061 bytes )
File name: Windows_Loader_v2.1.7.zip
File type: ZIP
Detection ratio: 16 / 43
Analysis date: 2012-10-02 18:51:48 UTC ( 1 minute ago )
More details
Antivirus Result Update
Agnitum - 20121002
AhnLab-V3 - 20121002
AntiVir - 20121002
Antiy-AVL - 20121001
Avast Win32:pUP-gen [PUP] 20121002
AVG - 20121002
BitDefender - 20121002
ByteHero - 20120918
CAT-QuickHeal HackTool.Keygen (Not a Virus) 20121001
ClamAV - 20121002
Commtouch W32/Backdoor2.HMHV 20121002
Comodo TrojWare.Win32.Agent 20121002
DrWeb - 20121002
Emsisoft Riskware.Activator.Windows!IK 20120919
eSafe - 20121002
ESET-NOD32 - 20121002
F-Prot W32/Backdoor2.HMHV 20120926
F-Secure - 20121002
Fortinet W32/AutoRun.BSY!tr 20121002
GData - 20121002
Ikarus not-a-virus.Activator.Windows 20121002
Jiangmin - 20121001
K7AntiVirus Riskware 20121002
Kaspersky - 20121002
Kingsoft - 20120925
McAfee Artemis!54687DFBD4E3 20121002
McAfee-GW-Edition Artemis!54687DFBD4E3 20121002
Microsoft HackTool:Win32/Keygen 20121002
Norman - 20121002
nProtect - 20121001
Panda - 20121002
PCTools - 20121002
Rising - 20120928
Sophos W32/AutoRun-BSY 20121002
SUPERAntiSpyware - 20120911
Symantec - 20121002
TheHacker - 20121001
TotalDefense - 20121002
TrendMicro TROJ_SPNR.0BIE12 20121002
TrendMicro-HouseCall TROJ_SPNR.0BHH12 20121002
VBA32 - 20121002
VIPRE HackTool.Win32.Keygen 20121002
ViRobot - 20121002

R

RayLopez99

Another question Mr. Chang-- have you or anybody you know used Daz Windows Loader recently successfully? Because sometimes it seems to me these loaders fail after they become too popular? This loader had been around for a few years. But I might try it anyway.

Thanks!

RL

M

Man-wai Chang

I believe the following link is the official thread:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/24901-Windows-Loader-Current-release-information

Some anti-virus programs would mark this kind of software hack as malware.

Below is the file I found and most sites rate it as "good". I think it's malware (says Microsoft Security Essentials) only because it is a keygen cracker.

--
^ ^ 15:54:01 up 2 days 17:49 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

M

Man-wai Chang

have you or anybody you know used Daz Windows Loader recently successfully?

Maybe you downloaded the wrong or fake one... :)

--
^ ^ 15:54:01 up 2 days 17:49 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

M

Man-wai Chang

If Microsoft sold licenses at a more reasonable price (say $25 US) I would not
have to resort to this...this is only for a virtual OS machine I am
building.

I agree. Given the world's reliance on Micro$oft OS, Window$ should have
been cheaper.

Using `slmgr -rearm`, Window$ 7 could be used without activation for up
to 90 days. If you don't mind re-installing Win 7 every 90 days, then
take that offer.

I heard that Window$ 8 OEM would be sold at promotional price of about
US$70. Keep an eye on them....

--
^ ^ 15:57:01 up 2 days 17:52 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

F

Flasherly

I thank flasherly too, but honestly I did not understand half of what he said...

Carry on, as usual ... after all, it's not like I've actually operated
W7, know from any personal experience to actually say what's involved
in the MS camp about how they activate an approved version of the OS
distributed publically in channels carrying ISO formats.
Academically, what that means, if and were I running it in some other
sense, is that if I sign up for an academic course, say in basket
weaving, I believe it is in a later spirit of Bill's charitable
behest, both I'll presume to guiding principles for the future of his
company, as well a society better endowed [than origins he placed
himself], that they really ought knock a buck or two off W7 for a
student's discount. Just between you and me, I don't honestly
understand half as well of what I ought, and, as luck would have it,
I'd rather not understand the other half as well as they deserve.

M

Man-wai Chang

Academically, what that means, if and were I running it in some other
sense, is that if I sign up for an academic course, say in basket
weaving, I believe it is in a later spirit of Bill's charitable

Academic editions of most programs are really cheap! So how could you
get a student ID card? :)

--
^ ^ 20:24:02 up 2 days 19:30 0 users load average: 0.08 0.03 0.05

A

anotherpaul

Actually, the requirement is to have a legitimate academic email
address in the line of xxxx.edu; the id isn't required but the
email with .edu for the getting the downloaded iso.

Depending, the cost of enrolling is around #30/unit in the community
colleges. The "upgrade" to win8 is $40 USD; so far, I've found that
upgrade editions can do full installs if one tells it to reformat
the partition.

M

Man-wai Chang

Depending, the cost of enrolling is around #30/unit in the community
colleges. The "upgrade" to win8 is $40 USD; so far, I've found that
upgrade editions can do full installs if one tells it to reformat
the partition.

Those licenses are OEM licenses, meaning that it's tied to the
motherboard you installed the the first time. You could not transfer
them to a new PC, unless you found a reason to trick Micro$oft into
allowing it. ;)

--
^ ^ 23:12:01 up 2 days 22:18 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

A

anotherpaul

Those licenses are OEM licenses, meaning that it's tied to the
motherboard you installed the the first time. You could not transfer
them to a new PC, unless you found a reason to trick Micro$oft into
allowing it. ;)

Your "OEM" upgrade may be for the $14.99 version if you bought a PC
between July, 2012 & Dec, 2012.

"You will be able to upgrade from any consumer edition of Windows 7 to
Windows 8 Pro and bring everything along which includes your Windows
settings, personal files, and apps."

as per "http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/...07/02/upgrade-to-windows-8-pro-for-39-99.aspx".

$39.99 for downloading & $69.99 if bought at a store.

Microsoft also has an app for getting an iso file into a dvd or
usb flash drive. The flash drive part does work & have used it for
the pre-release review copy for the install.

Will probably get the $40 upgrade for the laptop as I didn't get the
win7 install media with the laptop. Not crazy about the win8 but it
may be OK for the limited use of the laptop & the "price is right".

F

Flasherly

Academia University held special session, I actually jumped at for a
chance to sit before the panel, whereupon I got the letter permanently
challenging me from ever again returning to Academia after it was
discovered I'd been forging the school almae matres' signature as an
excuse for class downtime for making my first million in the stock
market. Although my newest friends, all known and filed in Las Vegas
casino circuits, as well tell me it's not near the let-down I'd
thought, as they've a lot of proficient stage abilities between
judging a correctable persona suited my faceted abilities ensured in
most any realworld perspicacity. I'd just have to remember to check
in the mailbox, I suppose, to see that I'm routed properly.

R

RayLopez99

Maybe you downloaded the wrong or fake one... :)

No, I have the one from the link you gave--I found that link too. I will probably try the other SLAC programs first,that came with the torrent,then try the Daz Loader if the others fail...after all, they are all rootkits so what's the difference? If it's malware I'll find out soon enough I guess, but I hope if it's a virtual OS it will not infect my real OS. Thanks for your suggestions.

RL

M

Man-wai Chang

No, I have the one from the link you gave--I found that link too. I will probably try the other SLAC programs first,that came with the torrent,then try the Daz Loader if the others fail...after all, they are all rootkits so what's the difference? If it's malware I'll find out soon enough I guess, but I hope if it's a virtual OS it will not infect my real OS. Thanks for your suggestions.

The Daz Loader from the official link was no flagged as malware by
BitDefender in my PC. Just be careful!

--
^ ^ 16:21:01 up 3 days 15:14 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

M

Man-wai Chang

I tried out the Win8 Release Preview and found it to be obnoxious. It would be
seriously overpriced at $70, IMO. Even with Classic Shell, it's basically too
drastic a step down from XP Pro. Bloated Win8 by itself took more space on the HDD

I surely am not interested in the new tile-based POS interface. But Win
8 has hybrid fast boot, which is possibly the only useful new feature. :)

--
^ ^ 20:39:02 up 3 days 19:32 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05

R

RayLopez99

I surely am not interested in the new tile-based POS interface. But Win

8 has hybrid fast boot, which is possibly the only useful new feature. :)

Please opine on dual boot vs virtual OS. I think dual boot is better, faster, yes? And if you get a virus on dual boot that you cannot remove, just reinstall from a backup snapshot, yes?

RL

M

Man-wai Chang

I think dual boot is better, faster, yes? And if you get a virus on
dual boot that you cannot remove, just reinstall from a backup
snapshot, yes?

Dual-boot meant the virus could infect both the current OS and any
partitions accessible by the current OS, which unfortunately might
include your backup snapshot. So you should make your backup snapshot
offline. And a snapshot indeed speed up an OS re-installation. But then,
you sill needed to recover the data. By default, your data and the OS
are in the same partition, unless you separated them beforehead.

Virtual OS means everything happening inside the virtual machine would
not affect your current OS (unless you let the VM to access real
partitions). It's something similar to chroot jail in Unix/Linux, or
what some called a sandbox. If you backed up your virtual machine's
virtual hard disk periodically, you could just erase the infected
virtual hard disk and restore the most recent backup virtual hard disk
instantly.

Anyway, in both cases, you have to backup your data periodically.
Nothing could replace a backup, not RAID 5, not Cloud!

--
^ ^ 19:57:01 up 5 days 15:43 0 users load average: 0.00 0.01 0.05
éŠæ»šï¿½è ˜ç¡«! éŠæ»©ï¿½æ“‰ï¿½! éŠé½¿èž±éˆ­ï¿½! éŠé½¿ï¿½éˆ­ï¿½! éŠé½¿ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½! éŠæ»©ïŠ®ç•¾ï¿½! 隢è´ï¿½ï¶ï…¸è¬î°«
èž± (CSSA):

Ask a Question