Windows 2K drive mappings disappearing

G

Hello

I have a Windows 2K Advanced Server set up as a DC. I also have on the network a Windows 2K server that is setup in a workgroup (not joined the domain). I have users (XP Pro) on the DC that I have mapped network drives to on the workgroup server. The users can use the shares for a short time (15-20 minutes), and then they can no longer connect to the shared drives. When they log out and log back in, they gain access again to the shares for another 15-20 minutes before they get kicked off the shared drives

Some of these users are wireless network connectivity, some are wired - it happens in both scenarios. No screen savers or hibernate periods are active on either the server or the clients. User authentication to the DC takes about the same time and the users do not drop connectivity to the shared drives on the DC

Thanks
Jason

J

Jerold Schulman

Hello-

I have a Windows 2K Advanced Server set up as a DC. I also have on the network a Windows 2K server that is setup in a workgroup (not joined the domain). I have users (XP Pro) on the DC that I have mapped network drives to on the workgroup server. The users can use the shares for a short time (15-20 minutes), and then they can no longer connect to the shared drives. When they log out and log back in, they gain access again to the shares for another 15-20 minutes before they get kicked off the shared drives.

Some of these users are wireless network connectivity, some are wired - it happens in both scenarios. No screen savers or hibernate periods are active on either the server or the clients. User authentication to the DC takes about the same time and the users do not drop connectivity to the shared drives on the DC.

Thanks,
Jason

Try tip 19 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Ask a Question