Event ID: 7023
Date: 2/14/2004
Time: 10:29:22 AM
User: N/A
Computer: OWIVAN01
The Task Scheduler service terminated with the following
error:
Unspecified error

_
Any suggestions?
Actions taken so far:
1) Reinstalled SP4
2) Confirmed that service logs on as System and interacts
with desktop
3)Confirmed that RPC was loading properly

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Rob" <[email protected]>
Subject: Windows 2000 Task Scheduler wont start
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:59:28 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server

I am unable to start the task scheduler on one of my
servers.
Win 2000 Server SP4

Error message:
-----
Could not start the task scheduler service on local
computer.
Error 2147500037: Unspecified error
------
Event:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date: 2/14/2004
Time: 10:29:22 AM

--

Rob,

I have seen to things cause this behavior. One is the Protected Storage service not being started. The other is Veritas'
Netbackup.

If Protected Storage service is not started try starting it. If we are using Veritas' Netbackup try stopping the services for it
and then see if the Task Scheduler service will start. If the Task Scheduler servcie starts with the Netbackup services
stopped then take a look at the following article.

184802 - PRB: User32.dll or Kernel32.dll Fails to Initialize
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];184802

Also make sure all of the NetBackup services are logging in as LocalSystem. If the services are logging in with a different
account such as a domain account, the account must have complete _local_ admin rights as well as the following Local
Security rights:

act as part of the operating system
create permanent shared objects
log on as a service
log on locally
replace a process level token

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.