Windows Vista Window loses everything whenever i turn it off

Reaction score
okay so here is the story, i wanted to deleted some leftover files from frap and i somehow deleted something important unknowingly, the my computer file showed up as 'folder' and once i turned off the computer i couldnt turn it back on. so i reformated my hardrives and download vista; my first time using vista. i thought it was working okay until i turned it off, all my data is now gone, shows up as a black screen and i have to download vista again. i dun know whats happening and i really need help asap.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
First of all, what do you mean by download Vista - do you mean from the internet, or from a CD you bought to your PC?

Also, where do you get the blank screen? It you can reinstall an operating system the hardware sounds like it is working. Does the blank screen appear just before windows should load, or once it appears to have loaded?

Reaction score
i downloaded vista off a cd meant for a notebook but im using a pc. so i got everything to work, just that i cannot book the computer without the vista cd inside the drive, it just shows a black screen telling me im missing something and to press enter

Reaction score
Do you mean you copy vista from a dvd?

Did you buy vista from the shop or lend it from a freind?

But am still unsure what you mean by downloading vista, since you can,t download from M$ unless your copy is,nt real.

Reaction score
ahahah i figured out what i did wrong, the bios was set to boot off teh cd drive and not the hardrive

Ask a Question