Winamp File Association Problem

S

smtjs

I have tried to make Winamp the default player for Audio CDs. Every time I insert an audio CD, Windows asks me what I want to do and Winamp is not even one of the selections.

I have gone into My Computer/Tools/Folder Options and changed CDA Files to point to the Winamp.exe program. It even displays the Winamp icon. Yet, Windows always asks me what I want to do whenever I insert an audio CD.

Thanks for any help.

G

Navigate to 'My Computer'> right click on the cd drive> properties> click the autoplay tab> choose 'music/audio cd' form the drop down list> tick 'select an action to perform' and choose from the list. That should take care of it!

-omega_v7

S

smtjs

Thanks for your reply. When I try to tick 'select an action to perform,'
Winamp is not on the list.

omega_v7 said:
Navigate to 'My Computer'> right click on the cd drive> properties> click
the autoplay tab> choose 'music/audio cd' form the drop down list> tick
'select an action to perform' and choose from the list. That should take
care of it!
-omega_v7
I insert an audio CD, Windows asks me what I want to do and Winamp is not
even one of the selections.to point to the Winamp.exe program. It even displays the Winamp icon. Yet,
Windows always asks me what I want to do whenever I insert an audio CD.

D

David Candy

Why don't you ask winamp. I know how to put stuff there but not what to put there as this isn't a MS program (so I've never seen it)

Ask a Question