Windows 7 Win7 64-bit startup programs not starting on Login

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have several programs flagged for start on Windows login that don't start.
I can see them flagged in Startup via MSConfig, autoruns etc yet they do not begin when I log in.
If I initiate them when I have logged in, they run without issue.

I feel the problem may have to do with the heightened Win7 security (UAC?).
When I start one manually, it requests the usual, "Do you want this program to make changes to your computer?" (User Access Control) prompt and details shows "This certificate is OK."
My user account belongs to Administrators.
I've Googled this and found the same problem but no solution.
Any ideas? :confused:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
to me they ain't Win7 aware programs and as you've started this thread in the 64bit section I'd say they be 32bit progs ... what programs are they, and or, do they have updates?

:user:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
You could drop the User Access Control and see if that will help if you suspect it. Start>Control Panel>Users>User Account Control

Try dropping them in the startup folder of the user. You should be able to drag and drop a shortcut to the start menu and then to the startup folder. This should run it when user logs in.

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just checked and it could be that I did not dl the 64 bit version. It's late :sleep: here so I'll leave it for tomorrow and let you know. [mucks edit : spam removed]

I'll also try dropping the UAC to observe the behaviour and learn some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question