win zip help

Bonnie

Hi I had download winzip from the advice
of someone now it is expired can I delete
the winzip on my wxp will the old zip file
that came with wxp come back because winzip
took over it. It use to be a folder with a
zipper on it now sence winzip I can not
find it when I right click on a folder it
shows winzip and it don't work
any help thanks

Jim Macklin

Delete WinZip. Download IZarc, it is a better and more
powerful (and free) program.
http://www.izsoft.dir.bg/izarc.htm

message | Hi I had download winzip from the advice
| of someone now it is expired can I delete
| the winzip on my wxp will the old zip file
| that came with wxp come back because winzip
| took over it. It use to be a folder with a
| zipper on it now sence winzip I can not
| find it when I right click on a folder it
| shows winzip and it don't work
| any help thanks

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Not sure if the native XP zip handling feature will "take over" once more if
you do this, but have you tried uninstalling WinZip from add/remove
programs?

John Ski

Subject: win zip help
From: "Bonnie" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 3/19/2004 12:25 PM Eastern Standard Time

Hi I had download winzip from the advice
of someone now it is expired can I delete
the winzip on my wxp will the old zip file
that came with wxp come back because winzip
took over it. It use to be a folder with a
zipper on it now sence winzip I can not
find it when I right click on a folder it
shows winzip and it don't work
any help thanks
Strat>Run>regsvr32 zipfldr.dll

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Steven Burn

hehe, ZipCentral beats it hands down.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

So, I'm a troll. And I change my name every other day or so. So what. Don't like it?

So, Report me to

(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)

69.47.193.5

Alex Nichol

Bonnie said:
Hi I had download winzip from the advice
of someone now it is expired can I delete
the winzip on my wxp will the old zip file
that came with wxp come back because winzip
took over it

Start - Run and run the two lines
regsvr32 zipfldr.dll
regsvr32 cabview.dll