J

jessem

when i backup System State I get folloeing error
mess: "Could not access portions of directory system
state\COM+ Class Registration Database. You may not have
permission to open the file, or the directory may be
missing or damaged" I checked sec setting-I am only user
& I have all rights. Get same message for System
State\Registry. I am at a loss what to do next!!!

R

Robb Topolski

jessem said:
when i backup System State I get folloeing error
mess: "Could not access portions of directory system
state\COM+ Class Registration Database. You may not have
permission to open the file, or the directory may be
missing or damaged" I checked sec setting-I am only user
& I have all rights. Get same message for System
State\Registry. I am at a loss what to do next!!!

I'm having exactly the same problem.

Windows XP Pro SP1

G

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as jessem and Robb Topolski have noted. In Windows XP Home Edition, the backup program goes on for an hour and a half and then fails due to "Error: Could not access portions of directory System State\COM+ Class Registration Database. You may not have permission to open the file, or the directory may be missing or damaged. Please contact the owner or administrator." Same thing for "System State\Registry". I, too, am the only user of this computer, and am the owner and administrator. I tried backing up using my boot name and also "Owner," both of which show up at boot as the two accounts. At the end of the BU log it says, "Critical files that make up System State were not successfully backed up. Restoring this backup set will cause system failure." I am attempting to back up to a new, freshly formatted Maxtor external HD. Help would be appreciated.

Ask a Question