Errors while trying to use BACKUP

G

I can't seem to backup my system using Windows XP's backup utility. I specified backup my entire computer and it keeps running into a problem, which appears in the log file as:

------------------------------------------

Error: Could not access portions of directory System State\COM+ Class Registration Database. I have SP 1a installed, and other than that I haven't installed any other software yet! Any idea what's up with this thing?
You may not have permission to open the file, or the directory may be missing or damaged.
Please contact the owner or administrator.

Error: Could not access portions of directory System State\Registry.
You may not have permission to open the file, or the directory may be missing or damaged.
Please contact the owner or administrator.

------------------------------------------

Yet, when I tried the option to backup System state only, it worked fine.

I am logged in under my only user account (which of course has admin rights). I just installed this copy of Windows XP last night, so everythign should be clean.

I tried to reboot into safe mode to see if that might be the problem, but then it fails immediately and simply says: "Catastrophic Failure"!

Ask a Question