Windows Vista win vista

Reaction score
hi,ive just bought a new computer and its running the new vista s/w..i'm having loads of trouble loading the bt broadband disc to get it on line...i get as far as loading my details in,..then says loading browser and all the other stuff but theres no progress,ive had disc it in for 30 minutes ..on my old pc it load disc in under 10 minutes..{bt 205 voyager adsl router}..can i have win xp running alonside vista.?kind regards theted:(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You do not need any of the BT 'software' if using an Ethernet connection, just the 205 Drivers for either XP or Vista.

;)

Reaction score
thanks alot for the information muckshifter,worked a treat m8...i thought that i had to load the bt broadband disc:bow: dont know what i would do without u guy's...thanks theted:blush: :blush:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
theted said:
thanks alot for the information muckshifter,worked a treat m8...i thought that i had to load the bt broadband disc
bowdown.gif
dont know what i would do without u guy's...thanks theted:blush: :blush:
No problem, no worries, ask as many questions as you like. :thumb:

As long as you, or any other reader here, uses Ethernet to connect to any ASDL/Cable modem, you do not need, as a rule, any "software" to add to confusions ... in the case of BT, their modems are preset anyway.

Even BT have seen the "light" and are moving away from using USB to connect ADSL/Cable modems ... I have always frowned on its use ... if you need to connect more than one PC, use an Ethernet Hub and connect it to your modem and the PCs to the Hub. ;)

:user:

Ask a Question