WIN VISTA COMPLAINT. DONT USE IT!!!

Alias

Justin said:
As I already pointed out to you, he did not. He most likely found the
same insert I had.

Read again yourself alias: "in the package"

So? Does it matter if it's written inside the package or outside on the
box? It's an MS web cam that says it is Vista Ready and it isn't. That,
Justin, is a LIE on the part of MS.

Oh, and remember, it's MR Alias to you. Show some respect for your
elders, kid.

Alias

Justin

Alias said:
So? Does it matter if it's written inside the package or outside on the
box?

Yes it does. Because what's inside does not say Vista Ready and it tells
you exactly what you need to do to get it working with Vista. Get it yet?
It's an MS web cam that says it is Vista Ready and it isn't.

I doubt it says it's Vista Ready. If the box does say it then the drivers
must be new. Either way there is not enough information to tell.
That, Justin, is a LIE on the part of MS.

Read above.

Mike Hall - MVP

It makes a great difference actually.. to have it on the outside of the box,
everything inside has to be or should be Vista compatible.. as it was, the
webcam itself was Vista compatible, but some of the software was not..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Alias

Justin said:
Yes it does. Because what's inside does not say Vista Ready and it
tells you exactly what you need to do to get it working with Vista. Get
it yet?

I doubt it says it's Vista Ready. If the box does say it then the
drivers must be new. Either way there is not enough information to tell.

Read above.

I can only go on what the OP wrote. I can't go by what you claim is your
experience, sorry. Do you notice that most OPs don't come back to
threads that grow and grow? Eduardo is nowhere to be found. Wonder why ...

Alias

Justin

Alias said:
I can only go on what the OP wrote. I can't go by what you claim is your
experience, sorry. Do you notice that most OPs don't come back to threads
that grow and grow? Eduardo is nowhere to be found. Wonder why ...

If you go by what the OP says then why you continue to claim the sticker was
on the outside?

http://images.andale.com/f2/100/122/18444922/2007/5/23/WED23_053.jpg

No Sticker. That's not to say his box isn't different however he did
mention that Vista was mentioned IN the box so I'm going to guess his
package was exactly like mine.

Mike Hall - MVP

"in the package has the "works with windows vista" -kind of- advertising"

Notice the wording in the original OP.. 'kind of'?

Alias said:
I can only go on what the OP wrote. I can't go by what you claim is your
experience, sorry. Do you notice that most OPs don't come back to threads
that grow and grow? Eduardo is nowhere to be found. Wonder why ...

Alias

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Adam Albright

Yes it does. Because what's inside does not say Vista Ready and it tells
you exactly what you need to do to get it working with Vista. Get it yet?

I doubt it says it's Vista Ready. If the box does say it then the drivers
must be new. Either way there is not enough information to tell.

Read above.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. All fanboy Justin can come up with. Funny,
you have your head shoved so far up Microsoft's ass for so long, I bet
you haven't seen daylight in months.

Nina DiBoy

Mike said:
It makes a great difference actually.. to have it on the outside of the
box, everything inside has to be or should be Vista compatible.. as it
was, the webcam itself was Vista compatible, but some of the software
was not..

Hi Mike, serious question:

Are you saying it should be that way because those are the requirements
MS made for "Vista ready" products, or because that's what makes sense?

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

Most recent idiotic quote added to KICK (Klassic Idiotic Caption Kooks):
"Spoken like a true NixTurd (oops, NixTard)."

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot

Mike Hall - MVP

I would have thought it to be part of consumer law relating to any product..
MS have to abide by consumer law as much as anybody..

Mike said:
I would have thought it to be part of consumer law relating to any
product.. MS have to abide by consumer law as much as anybody..

Makes sense.

Does anyone know where to find such information? I'm curious now.

Thanks for the response.

--
Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

Most recent idiotic quote added to KICK (Klassic Idiotic Caption Kooks):
"Spoken like a true NixTurd (oops, NixTard)."

"Good poets borrow; great poets steal."
- T. S. Eliot

I also have "reservations" regarding the use of Vista Home Basic. Almost all
of my add-ons, with special reference to the Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 will
not operate as per design, despite downloading and installing the latest
Vista Drivers for the VX-1000, correctly I might add, and selecting the 32bit
as required. The only time I have managed to get the correct response out of
the VX is when I initiate or accept a call via my Skype software.
The sales pitch that states that Vista has everything means just that "sales
pitch". I wish my new laptop was not tied to Vista - I would willingly reload
my XP.

Ian Betts

Geoff Clarke said:
I also have "reservations" regarding the use of Vista Home Basic. Almost
all
of my add-ons, with special reference to the Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000
will
not operate as per design, despite downloading and installing the latest
Vista Drivers for the VX-1000, correctly I might add, and selecting the
32bit
as required. The only time I have managed to get the correct response out
of
the VX is when I initiate or accept a call via my Skype software.
The sales pitch that states that Vista has everything means just that
"sales
pitch". I wish my new laptop was not tied to Vista - I would willingly
reload
my XP.
Your problem lies with the Cam though, not with Vista. If you think about
it a little the Cam was shipped maybe a year ago. Vista on your computer was
shipped when. Divers are updated. Your can does not have the correct one now
do MS kindly supplies a new update driver, Best you can do is delete what
driver you have, important and go get the correct one for you from the link
given by Mike

GG

The biggest complaint I have about windows vista basic is that you can't
play DVDs with media player.
There should only be two version of vista, home premium and ultimate.
Better yet, only ultimate.

Sorry - BUT - can you explain why I had no problems with add-ons which
worked with, and exellently I might add, Windows XP. As another responder
stated - DO YOU READ BEFORE REPLYING ?.

No Alias just Geoff Clarke

Ian Betts

Geoff Clarke said:
Sorry - BUT - can you explain why I had no problems with add-ons which
worked with, and exellently I might add, Windows XP. As another responder
stated - DO YOU READ BEFORE REPLYING ?.

No Alias just Geoff Clarke
Your problem lies with the Cam though, not with Vista. If you think
about
it a little the Cam was shipped maybe a year ago. Vista on your computer
was
shipped when. Divers are updated. Your can does not have the correct one
now
do MS kindly supplies a new update driver, Best you can do is delete what
driver you have, important and go get the correct one for you from the
link
given by Mike
Yes I read and am not rude. Vista is not XP. It is a totally new operating
system. it needs compactable drivers. It probale has over 5000 drivers but
not yours.

Ian Betts

GG said:
The biggest complaint I have about windows vista basic is that you can't
play DVDs with media player.
There should only be two version of vista, home premium and ultimate.
Better yet, only ultimate.
"Geoff Clarke" <Geoff (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message

I am playing a DVD on Media Player on Vista Premium as I write. So I do not
know why you say that?

Stephan Rose

I am playing a DVD on Media Player on Vista Premium as I write. So I do not
know why you say that?

He says that because he was referring to Home basic, not premium.

--
Stephan
2003 Yamaha R6

å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰

Mike Hall - MVP

Geoff

The software originally supplied was written for XP is why.. remove the XP
drivers and associated software from your computer, and install the Vista
compatible software available form the link I provided originally..

Stephan Rose said:
He says that because he was referring to Home basic, not premium.

--
Stephan
2003 Yamaha R6

å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯