Why Her?

Reaction score
I guess this only highlights the importance of crunching, and doing whatever we can as a community to help fight major diseases.

Tonight, 06/07/06 at around 9 or 9:30 one of my best friends died.

She lived to all of 16 and a half years old. The rare form of cancer which she had been fighting for months got the better of her, spreading to every part of her body including the brain and lungs.

I grew up with her - knew her all my life. Went on holiday with her, stayed round, went for dinner, drank with. My parents knew her parents before myself and her sister who is my age, us being the oldest kids, were born.

Our mums are best mates, and they even managed to get jobs at the same company so they could work together. Our dads are good mates and go RC aeroplane flying together.

Very close friends.

She will be missed dearly by everyone - she was one of the most popular girls i knew.

Why does s**t happen to the wrong people?

It's going to be a tough few weeks.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Chris......my deepest sympathies to you and her family....:(

Reaction score
I'm sorry Chris

No words I know can describe or even register how you must be feeling right now. My sympathy to you and all her family mate i'm sorry

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I did wonder why you was up so late.....I know the feeling....

Reaction score
I'm OK - Maybe its still sinking in, i dont know. Maybe i had subconsciously prepared for it, it wasnt out of the blue. But i am alright. I just feel so bad for the family. My mum took it really hard.

I was on the way home from work when i was told - pulled off the A3 at the Liphook Shell garage... called and found the news. Yelled some obsenities and drove home like an absolute c**k (thank god my car wont pull more than a tonne and that the roads were empty) and have been calm since.

The worst thing is not being able to do anything - feeling completely useless. Thats worse than anything else.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Been there a few times, I know the feeling.

You really are too young to be going through that crap and sometimes life really ain't fair.

I'll tell ya this though, the older you get, the more folks you'll lose.

Sad but true.

In the meantime, you really do have my sympathies.

Reaction score
She is the first friend i have ever lost.

My Grandad died when i was 9 or 10, that was really hard, because i didnt understand.

A guy from college died a few weeks ago - he stacked his car wasnt wearing his seatbelt and eating while overtaking or something. That was out of the blue and some of my friends knew him well. Wasnt nice.

I dont know.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I dont know.

That's the usual feeling I'm afraid.

It's a ****, for sure.

Again, my sympathies.

Ok, I'm off to bed.

Au revoir.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Think i'm going the same way....try and get some sleep Chris, i know it's hard....night all...

Reaction score
Yeah its about bed time i think will go and watch some TV until i fall asleep.

Its going to be the longest weekend ive had in ages.

Thanks guys :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Oh mate, sorry you have to go through all these feelings at your age - sometimes life just sucks :(

So sad she fell victim when her life had barely started - my deepest sympathy to all her friends and family.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My sympathies to you and your family Chris, Thats not a nice thing to go through..... :(

Its not quite the same i know, But I lost a friend in an RTA when i was 17, she was in hospital for a few days before she died, so i can relate to how your feeling at the moment.

Stay strong Chris. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Chris :( Sometimes life throws up things like this, and we just have to take them the best we can.

My sympathies to both your families Chris, this can't be easy :(

As Floppy says, chin up though!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Chris,

Sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Chris.
Think of the good times and they will stay with you for ever.

Reaction score
It is a sad! Sad! moment when during ones life, when they loose someone whom was so very dear to you:( My sympathies to both your families Chris!

Ask a Question