Why has auto power management stopped working?

Malcolm H

Until recently my Vista Home Premium based desktop machine has automatically
entered 'sleep' mode after 30 minutes as set up in the power management
dialog. Now, for no apparent reason, this has stopped working. The settings
appear to be correct but now I can only enter 'sleep' mode manually. There
have been no changes to the machine apart from the addition of Media Center
Extender but the problem persists even if the MCE is not in use.

Any ideas?

Bob

Go to Advance Power Settings.
Set hard drive to turn off a minute or 2 before sleep.
Set Hybrid and Hibernate modes to "Never"
Under USB settings select "Disable"
Under Multimedia select "Allow ....."

==========================
Got Vista problems or questions?
Start here.
http://www.vistax64.com/search.php

Malcolm H

Thank you for that Mark. I tried the suggested resolution but to no effect!
Still no auto sleep!

Malcolm H

Malcolm H

Thanks Bob, but I can't find 'Advance Power Settings' in the Control Panel -
Power Options.

How do I get to Advance Power settings?