Why does Outlook stop downloading e-mail?

Ronnie

I'm using Outlook in Office 2007 Professional edition, however this problem
has been happening in every version I've ever used of Outlook. Why does
Outlook just stop downloading e-mail? The computer that this is loaded on
runs pretty much 24/7, except when this problem happens, where I'll have to
reboot then all is well for an undetermined amount of time, then it stops
again. The program does not stop working, just stops downloading e-mail. Can
someone help?

Ronnie

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Can someone help? Probably, but without any useful details, any help will be a shot in the dark.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Ronnie asked:

| I'm using Outlook in Office 2007 Professional edition, however this
| problem has been happening in every version I've ever used of
| Outlook. Why does Outlook just stop downloading e-mail? The computer
| that this is loaded on runs pretty much 24/7, except when this
| problem happens, where I'll have to reboot then all is well for an
| undetermined amount of time, then it stops again. The program does
| not stop working, just stops downloading e-mail. Can someone help?
|
| Ronnie

Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS

I do not have a solution but perhaps a question that might complete the
information.
I also have the problem of Outlook (2007, 2003, XP, different computers, new
and old, very fast and slow) stopping during download providing I try to do
something else with the program, like changing to a different mail
address., or with a different one, lest say window explorer. I have learn to
live with this, yet sometimes forget and try. Very occasionally it will
resume, but most of the time it freezes and have to close Outlook. When I do
that, message appear that is unable to close, and it most be force to
close. Subsequently I can get it restarted and by keeping my fingers off the
keyboard, it finishes downloading emails. Thereafter, no further problem.
Is this by design? Regardless of the computer or the version, it will
happened every time.
Cheers

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Can someone help? Probably, but without any useful details, any help will
be a shot in the dark.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Ronnie asked:

| I'm using Outlook in Office 2007 Professional edition, however this
| problem has been happening in every version I've ever used of
| Outlook. Why does Outlook just stop downloading e-mail? The computer
| that this is loaded on runs pretty much 24/7, except when this
| problem happens, where I'll have to reboot then all is well for an
| undetermined amount of time, then it stops again. The program does
| not stop working, just stops downloading e-mail. Can someone help?
|
| Ronnie

Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS

No response.
Interesting!
Perhaps nobody knows about this problem.
Sorry Ronnie!

Cheers