Why Does My

Reaction score
Clock in the taskbar reset itself everytime i boot up ??

It keeps going back to Jan 2002 00:00

Very annoying as it is brand new

Thx

Paul

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
paulwilko said:
Clock in the taskbar reset itself everytime i boot up ??

It keeps going back to Jan 2002 00:00

Very annoying as it is brand new

Thx

Paul
Replace the BIOS battery on the motherboard ... easy enough to do and only a few pence.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Thx for the quick replies. You are nto the first to say that, but I have also had conflicting stories saying that if it was the battery, it would not remember any settings at all !!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
paulwilko said:
Thx for the quick replies. You are nto the first to say that, but I have also had conflicting stories saying that if it was the battery, it would not remember any settings at all !!
Nope, the "settings" will stay intact until you remover/replace the battery ... so If your not adverse to having a look in the BIOS I would do so, and write down all the settings ... sorry, I know of no 'program' that will do it for you.

It is a little unusual for a 'new' system to have this problem, but not unheard off. It could well turn out to be a faulty clock controller, and if so, you would be better getting a replacement board. Best way to see, is to replace the battery. ;)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Woaaahhhh.... Bit extreme there!
I dread to think what they would have suggested for something MAJOR!:rolleyes:

(Err ... probably send it back ...... oh well)

Ask a Question