Why do people NOT look after installation disc`s??

Reaction score
Why on earth do people NOT look after the installation disc`s/key numbers Etc: when purchasing a new PC/laptop or other????? After reading some of the threads on this forum it really amazes me the answers to> Have you the XP/Vista etc: disc to do re-install/repair.> and the numerous answers> OH I cant find it, or I have lost it at a party, left it at my friends.:rolleyes:
Well tough on you go buy a new one. Because without one your stumped.
"LOOK AFTER YOUR DISC`S" and make sure you have them when purchasing a PC etc:

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thats the beauty of using linux. You can always download the latest os for free so it don't matter if you loose the disc etc.
I always make a copy of any software disc and keep the original in me hamburger case. I know thats pretty naughty of me and I often dream about pirates swinging from the jib, do you think thats an omen of my future ?

laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with that - it's so important to keep hold of them :nod:

I've got a box with all my software bits and bobs in it - it saves me lots of hassle whenever anything goes wrong :D

Reaction score
Yes I have all the discs since Windows 95:nod: Not that I use them but they are there if needed Oh and drivers for just about everthing,> even my car:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, annoying isn't it? I go to a friend's house to help them with a computer problem and ask for a disk and it's like 'What disk? Oh, where did I put that then......'

Dey is tik, tik I tell you :D

Myself, I have four boxes, one for each machine, with all CD's; manuals and motherboard/case accessories in, clearly labelled.

And all my software is cased, labelled and shelved and a lot of it with backup copies.

Alright, who said I'm boring? :D

Reaction score
Same here it is very important to me. Laptop recovery DVDs are important too.

The beauty of Linux indeed: )

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Yep, annoying isn't it? I go to a friend's house to help them with a computer problem and ask for a disk and it's like 'What disk? Oh, where did I put that then......'

Dey is tik, tik I tell you :D

Myself, I have four boxes, one for each machine, with all CD's; manuals and motherboard/case accessories in, clearly labelled.

And all my software is cased, labelled and shelved and a lot of it with backup copies.

Alright, who said I'm boring? :D

Nope you is correct:nod: it so annoys me I could screeeeeeeeemmmmmmm:wall: Tik TIK! yep THICK as well:lol:

Reaction score
Yup very annoying

Each computer has its own box with its own software in, which is kept locked up in a cupboard where prying hands can't get to it..and where the other half can't accidently clean it away..

Ask a Question