New PC now new OS as well

Reaction score
:(As some of you know I had a problem with my PC, poor old thing gave up the ghost when I booted up after our Vegas holiday:cry:. Any way I ordered a barebones system from Techheads and very quick they were and received it in 3 days even though I ordered it confiirmation of order on 5th October. It was delivered about 10 am on the 8th. The bundle consisted of a CIT Vantage Black case with blue illumination and 4 fans and card reader, Kingston RAM, 8gig 1333Mhz single stick, Cooler Master 500W power supply, AMD FX 4.0Ghz CPU, MSI MSI 760GM-P6 HD. I also purchased a BenQ 24" Screen, a 2TB SSHD Seagate HD and a Samsung CD and a Blue Ray/DVDrom/CD player disc player :lol:. It is all up and running the only problem I had was the O/S I did not really want to install Windows 8.1 I was trying to quickly obtain a OEM Windows 7 and went into town but couldn't find one any where and did not want to waste time doing another internet order(I had tried to download W7 but it wouldn't register and died on me after it tried to register it) so it was Windows 8.1 after all. I couldn't stand the start screen but the helpful Maplins man told me that IObit did a piece of free software to convert the start screen back to W7 style put that on and great I have my start button back and as all the things on that understand :thumb:and the system works like a treat and is fast or faster than I am used to:cheers:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Classic Shell. Problem solved. Win 8 is fine. Drama.

If anything it means the update to 10 will be cheaper and maybe even free. ;)

Ask a Question