Windows 7 White Pixel only on my desktop

Reaction score
I just picked up an Alienware M7x. I love it to death. But for some reason I have a white pixel that only shows on my desktop.

I am running Windows 7.

Why is this happening? How do I fix this? And is this something that will keep happening? If So, I will probably have it fix since it is only a few days old.

The strange thing is that it comes and goes.

Reaction score
If it only comes and goes it's probably an issue with memory addressing within your graphics card. Have is looked into before it cascades and gets worse

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
If it only comes and goes it's probably an issue with memory addressing within your graphics card. Have is looked into before it cascades and gets worse

Thanks, but why would it only show up on the desktop? Also, when I open and then close aol 9.5 it goes away for a bit.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you boot up in safe mode do you still get the same white pixel?

It could be an application that loads on boot causing this issue. If you post a screenshot of your startup tab from "msconfig" (just load that from the run menu) and we can see which apps autostart.

Out of interest, if close all the windows on your system so you can just see the desktop and then press the Windows Key + D repeatedly, does it appear and disappear?

Reaction score
AOL is probably one of the worst providers of software that you could imagine it's fraught with problems.

Just do a search on google and ask about 9.5 it throws up many a problems.

You do not have to use the AOL software to get online, it can be disabled to allow you to use others
As long as your log in details are all present it shouldnt be a problem.

You have two choices;

1. Keep using and ignore spot

or

2. use a thrid party software

I know what my choice always was back in the day

Last edited:

Ask a Question