Google Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looking forward to this, as long as its not silly money prices I may well order it.

Droid Life leaked some information ahead of the official announcement: The HTC-made Pixel 2 will launch for $649 (£479) for the 64GB model and $749 (£553) for the 128GB model. The Pixel XL 2 meanwhile, will set you back $849 (£627) for the 64GB model and $949 (£700) for the 128GB configuration. As for colours, both the Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 can be picked up in "just black", "clearly white" and a new "kinda blue" colour scheme.

The event is today at 5pm our time:

0k0Cqa1.jpg

XL on top, standard Pixel on the bottom.

DLKExW1XcAE8Z_5.jpg:large

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which one do you think you'd go for? The Pixel 2 64GB version seems quite competitively priced, compared to Apple/Samsung. I hope they have a micro-SD slot... that's a lot of money saved for people wanting more storage space!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'd have the XL, 64Gb would do me fine. Not sure what the prices will actually be yet mind you, that quote is more of a guesstimate.

They won't have an SD slot, they are Pixel's. Google don't like external storage for whatever reason.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well. I ordered a black XL 64GB after watching the announcement.. Madness I know but hey. Should get it around the 15th-17th Nov.

Let see if I keep this one! :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So then, anyone been keeping up with the news on these? Or more importantly the XL? Screen tint, burn in, display issues etc.

Can't say I'm too happy about it, but I'll wait until I get mine mid November. Don't worry if I'm not happy I'll be sure to let you know. :D

In other news, MKBHD's review is finally up, he touches on the issues towards the end if you're interested:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So!

I've had the Pixel 2 XL for 2 days now, it shipped a day early and was delivered on Tuesday.

I like it a lot. It does have a slight blue tint when you view the screen off axis but not as bad as I've seen on the internet.

The hardware is fantastic, the camera is stunning and the battery is amazing. The squeezing thing is actually pretty cool and not a gimmick like I thought it would be.

So far so good, I'm happy! Just as well really as the other half needs a new phone as her Xperia has decided it doesn't like to charge anymore.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hurrah :D.

Did you notice much of a jump up from your previous phone? With my S7, I'm not sure what I'd really gain if switching to newer hardware (although I'd like an improved fingerprint sensor), so it feels like it'll be the software that forces me to upgrade, rather than anything else. I'm tempted to move to a Google phone as my next move in a couple of years.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes, this is faster and its buttery smooth thanks to the stock software and better hardware, but its not night and day faster. The S7 does lag a bit, but that is down to the Samsung skin, where as this doesn't miss a beat, no matter how hard I try.

The real differences are the hardware stuff, like the camera, the screen, the fingerprint sensor (which I found to be next to useless on the S7E)

I'm still to try out all of it fully but so far so good. Unless the OP5T they announce today is amazing and nothing like the leaks. :D

That said, I do wish it had a headphone jack and wireless charging. The jack I can do without, but I use wireless charging all the time at home and work. I already miss it.....

I also think its too expensive too to be honest. But then again, so are the new iPhones.. I guess its the world we live in now.

Ask a Question