Which Phone?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
By the way, i am liking the Nokia N90, not sure if its maybe a little to big still.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n90-1155.php

And i got the Sharp GX20 at the mo, Not bad but getting on a bit now!!

Edit: Your welcome!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I myself need a phone....one thing I noticed shopping online is that Txt Msg (t9) has totally imporoved! There's a test you can take using a cell phone simulator at www.textfast.t9.com. I took the test and got really fast at it.

Reaction score
i would go for a nokia or sony ericsson i have never had problems with any phones from these but i wouldnt say motorolas are bad phones cuz i have had a few and have had no problems with them.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was a bit surprised when I found out that the Razr in silver looks superb in pictures but not as good in reality, on the other hand the Razr in Black does not look as good in pictures as it does in reality :eek:

Just could not resist the temptation, picked up the Razr V3 in black :D

Attachments

• 11162_MotImage.jpg
    11162_MotImage.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
My dad has a motorola clamshell. Its crap.

The menus are so hard to navigate compared to a Sony Ericcsson or a Nokia. Waste of time they are...

It's so bad that he's just going to eBay it and get himself a 3510i or something old but easy to use. It's a new phone too!

Reaction score
I currently have a Samsung D500 and there have been no problems at all with it, hoping to get D600 shortly after x-mas by pulling someone's arm at o2 ;)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I still haven't got a new phone :( Can't really justify it until I start my job (the damn thing is still working fine and I don't use it much!), when I'll switch from PAYG to contract :)

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Razr3. Superb design and everything, but battery life is suspect. I would have preferred one of the new Siemens M75's (I think) as I want a phone that will take a lot of bangs in my pack when hiking.

The ideal phone for me would be:
Rubber armoured and weather-proof/shockproof
Compact but with reasonably large buttons
No camera or bluetooth rubbish
Sim-free
Good display in all conditions
Enormous battery-life

I tried one of Nokia's more rugged phones but it was a bugger to switch on!

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
My dad has a motorola clamshell. Its crap.

Chris:
Motorola has so far sold 12 million of those Razr V3's, it was adjudged as the best selling phone in 2005! Looks like everyone is buying crap :D

Integer: I am sure you already know that the battery life of any phone depends on many variables including but not limited to how the phone is used, network reception etc etc. In the reviews most of the reviewers found it to be perfectly acceptable and none reported any problems of battery life being short. The review on CNet is one of the example and exerpt from that if you do not wish to read the whole thing is as follows:

Battery life was commendable. We fell short of the rated talk time of 7 hours by 30 minutes but were still pleased. Likewise, though we managed 10 days of standby time, compared with the promised 12 days, that's still a good time.

Rechargable batteries need 3-5 cycle/recycle before they achieve full potential, new phones always invariably last just a day or two when you charge them.This applies not only to mobile phone batteries but to all Li-ion and Li-Po rechargables batteries.

Razr V3 Review on CNet

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Chris:
Motorola has so far sold 12 million of those Razr V3's, it was adjudged as the best selling phone in 2005! Looks like everyone is buying crap :D

His isn't a Razr3..

Its this

E550.gif

NEVER buy one of those, or those that have the same software.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Chris

Your advice is interesting as I was/am (not sure which) about to buy the phone for my 11 yo daughter. Could you summarise the problems with the phone??? Better forewarned and all of that cos I want her to be happy with whatever I buy.

Many thanks

Gabs xx

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
His isn't a Razr3..

NEVER buy one of those, or those that have the same software.

i agree with chris, that phone IS crap, my sister has it and always has problems with it

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I a bit late chipping in here. I've had a different Nokia every year from 96 to 03 and like them a lot.

In 2004 had a Sony-Ericcson, didn't think much of that at all.

Have a Samsung D500 at the moment which I'm really pleased with, I like the keys and the slide action.

Not the latest, camera is only 1.3mp, but I like it. Long battery life and nice big screen as well.

Got me one o dem bluetooth dongles and can download me pix (don't laugh, but that was new to me :D )

I've never been attracted to Motorola, guess it's a personal thing.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I have FINALLY got a new phone! :D

It's a Sony Ericsson K750i - I got it because it's a good phone, has a good camera and a media player too :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian said he got the K750i so does it mean you both have the same phone or was he referring to this one?

Reaction score
Gabs,

Sorry for the late reply - only just saw the post.

My dad isnt a technophobe or anything, but he got the phone a few months ago and just can't get used to it. He's ebaying it and getting a simpler one. Its THAT bad!

The menus are rubbish, hard to navigate, Texting could be miles easier and its generally naf!

I'm on my third Sony Erriccson in a row now (1st was the T610, then the K700i, and now the K750i) and i rate them MILES above the rest!

Off to college now ;)

Chris

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Ian said he got the K750i so does it mean you both have the same phone or was he referring to this one?

We've both got the same! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well after a lot of thinking and reading. I decided to get the new Nokia N70

As i stated earlier in this thread i nearly went for the N90, but its a bit big and also pricey.

It'll be here tomorrow, so i get the chance to have a play then!! :D

Its got a 2 MP camera with 20x Digital Zoom, (Does it need to be that much!?) B.T, MMC card, Video calling and texting and i cam stream SKY T.V to it! :p

Overkill? Maybe, but its all good!

Reaction score
trust me, you will never use digital zoom, even 2x the picture pixelates.

Nokias are ggood phones

Ask a Question