Android keyboard

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Another phone question for Android phone users (can you tell I'm having a bit of an overhaul?!) - what keyboard are you using? I've had a Samsung Note 3 since January and I'm still not keen on the keyboard after all this time. It doesn't learn, it doesn't recognise names, and it autocorrects numbers!! :wall:

Ian has a Sony Z2 which has an interesting feature where you just swipe around the keys without lifting your finger and it seems to really speed up typing. Not that I necessarily want this, but it's interesting to see that there are clearly more intuitive ones out there.

Has anyone here downloaded any keyboards for Android? Any recommendations greatly appreciated! :cheers:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I use Swiftkey, others to try are Google Keyboard and Swype :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! I've just downloaded it :)

Bit nerve wracking when you enable it - "This method can collect all of the text you enter, except passwords, including personal data and credit card numbers..." Big Brother is watching :eek:

I don't like how it wants you to sign in with Google, but I like how it learns your style and that what it learns can be transferred across devices. Handy when it comes to upgrade time.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
They all say that, just because they collects and suggest words and stuff. nothing to worry about. :)

The Google sign in is for your cloud account, I've got swiftkey on both my S4 and Note 2014 tablet so they both know the same words I use etc. Quite handy I tell you! :D

I think the Google KB does the same but as your already signed into your account..... ;)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ah ok, I don't have a tablet so won't bother enabling that. Cheers for the help! :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its also handy when moving between devices too btw. :)

Ask a Question