Which old games would you like to see modernised?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You can't blame everything on Windows you know, much as you'd like to...

The link takes me to a download link straight away, just the same as your browser within Arch Linux does. And when I click on the download button here's what I get:

messenger.JPG

What do you get when you click on the download link Mr B?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the Samsung 500Gb SSD, that is a good price. However, I was thinking about getting a couple of 250Gb SSD's, Crucial are doing a 250Gb drive with good speeds for around £55 atm.

I don't need a big primary drive as I have plenty of storage space in the machine I use for different OS's.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You can't blame everything on Windows you know, much as you'd like to...

The link takes me to a download link straight away, just the same as your browser within Arch Linux does. And when I click on the download button here's what I get:

View attachment 11805

What do you get when you click on the download link Mr B?

Well I only advised about running Arch as different os's can throw up different results.

I click the link I posted and get,

jqvTLZM.jpg

pXNd2PJ.jpg

5cOTQAF.jpg

So I aint got no idea why we are getting different results. Gremlins mate they get in everywhere. :rolleyes:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the Samsung 500Gb SSD, that is a good price. However, I was thinking about getting a couple of 250Gb SSD's, Crucial are doing a 250Gb drive with good speeds for around £55 atm.

I don't need a big primary drive as I have plenty of storage space in the machine I use for different OS's.

That is a good price for the Crucial ssd.
Just a thought but if you had a spare M.2 slot or a spare PCI slot these are a very attractive price at the moment. The guy over at Phoronix had a decent write up on them. Low end nvme but way faster than a ssd and cheap too.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=adata-xpg-sx6000&num=1

https://www.cclonline.com/product/2...MIsbGO36q92gIVpbvtCh1-AgUFEAQYBSABEgI1q_D_BwE

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/6605952782220463782?q=250 gb nvme&newwindow=1&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&biw=1406&bih=982&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX5woS36iKh06VhmdT1HGKonEdyH5p9S6CaYAk7HCS2jNQ0M6fh-8CXMm1wZ9wS8r_6aPiHmq1Kci0b3aVmOCyxbDDpMuyj6qTDqvJ3rNlvZeBHgOMBIZAFPVH72Fg-UI4XrTcEhgjFqojCrwXIa8fA,scoring:tps&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt-6WVq73aAhUKJcAKHRB1BuAQ8wIIngQ

:cool:

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well I never, strange I should be spammed on that link but whatever, I am not going near it, lol

I expect I can find alternative sites to collect ROMS or I may come across my former collection backed up somewhere.

I'm using an M.2 HDD in one machine but the trouble with them is it makes using different HDD's or SSD's for different OS's just a little more bothersome as every time I change OS the BIOS has to be entered to set boot device.

Whereas slotting out one HDD and sliding in another I just boot and the motherboard boots from it with no intervention from me.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I never, strange I should be spammed on that link but whatever, I am not going near it, lol

Yup staying clear sounds good.

I get what you are saying about the M.2 swapping thing. If all os's used ReFind as a bootloader life would be much simpler. :cool:

I want a bigger storage drive and can not make up me mind over a Samsung 850 £110 or a Samsung 860 £136 with a free copy of far Cry 5 worth £45. Hmmm do I need another game to sit in my long list of games to be played. :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
£16 for Far Cry 5 sounds good if it were me I'd go for that one and play Far Cry 5 now.

But if you're not bothered and don't mind waiting then it's very likely that in a year or so's time FC5 will likely cost around £20 and also have probably been patched to fix any bugs. Your call, as they say.

I recently took a chance and bought Far Cry 4 for £8.50 and I'm pleased to say it's a fine game, unlike it's 3 predecessors which were all, imo, a bit el crappo (FC2; FC3 & FC Primal)

Ask a Question